www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Prescription goggles  (Read 2135 times)

sovern

Prescription goggles
« on: Nov 07, 2012, 19:35:20 »
I need prescription glasses to see and was wondering if anyone knows of vintage-style goggles that I could get prescription lenses for?

sovern

Re: Prescription goggles
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2012, 17:18:26 »
I found some on http://www.classicgoggles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=spyderrx but they seem really over-priced. Maybe not? Any suggestions? I can't be the only one riding with glasses.

Offline juan@crqcycles

• Not a lot of cafe's down here in Mexico...
    • CRQ Cycles
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2012, 00:49:35 »
I have the same problem and have found moto X goggles that work with prescription glasses. Not vintage goggles though... :(

Offline juan@crqcycles

• Not a lot of cafe's down here in Mexico...
    • CRQ Cycles
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2012, 00:56:12 »
I believe this ones work glasses underneath them; but I might be wrong
http://www.i-volution2008.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=31

sovern

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2012, 01:01:53 »
I believe this ones work glasses underneath them; but I might be wrong
http://www.i-volution2008.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=31

those are pretty sweet. Can anyone verify if glasses can fit under them? What I am really looking for are some round goggles with prescription lens, not built in/held in places lens but part of the actual goggle.

Offline RoadRash

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2012, 16:56:38 »
Don't think they will work. If you look at the pics, you will see a divider between the lenses. I have a pair of googles that are eyeglass-friendly. Bought em on Ebay. If I remember, they are called Big Ben. No metal framing but does the job, well.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2012, 17:18:35 »
$270 for Rx goggles doesn't sound expensive to me.  Eyewear isn't cheap (or at least decent eyewear isn't cheap).  I've never been a 'goggle' guy - I wear a full face, but if I was, I think I might go for their 'Aviator' style over the Spyder.  Would have to try them on.

There are classic goggles designed to fit over glasses - I have a pair of cheap EMGO like this.  Never worn them - have nightmares of glass shards being shoved into my eyeballs.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

sovern

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2012, 18:06:16 »
$270 for Rx goggles doesn't sound expensive to me.  Eyewear isn't cheap (or at least decent eyewear isn't cheap).  I've never been a 'goggle' guy - I wear a full face, but if I was, I think I might go for their 'Aviator' style over the Spyder.  Would have to try them on.

There are classic goggles designed to fit over glasses - I have a pair of cheap EMGO like this.  Never worn them - have nightmares of glass shards being shoved into my eyeballs.

$270 usually isn't THAT much for glasses, just more than I want to spend. Especially considering I plan to buy a new pair of glasses (for daily use) soon anyway. I'm jealous of people who can buy goggles for $30. I've tried contact lens -- hate them -- and f*** corrective eye surgery.

I'll look into those EMGO you referred to.

Offline patrickshofner

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:24:54 »
If price is the primary concern, websites like zennioptical.com do have a small selection of prescription goggles. they aren't the coolest specs on the block but for under $50 i don't think you can expect much. i've ordered a few pair of everyday glasses from zenni and never had an issue. just need to supply your prescription at checkout and wait about 2 weeks.

sovern

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2012, 16:41:56 »
If price is the primary concern, websites like zennioptical.com do have a small selection of prescription goggles. they aren't the coolest specs on the block but for under $50 i don't think you can expect much. i've ordered a few pair of everyday glasses from zenni and never had an issue. just need to supply your prescription at checkout and wait about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion - not really what I'm looking for. Price isn't necessarily my primary concern, but if I'm going to pay 200-250+ I want to make sure they're the exact ones I want, and as of today I haven't seen all that many that I am considering.