Old school Honda Logo's For Tank

neevo

Over 1,000 Posts
Looking for some old style Honda logos to put on my tank and clear over. Anyone know where to get some in the right size and format?

Like these:

http://bit.ly/TykvPp

These are vinyl, is it possible to clear these effectively or shoul I be looking at transfers for what I want to do?

jsharpphoto said:
you can clear those, it says it in the description.

Thanks. Was just a little worried the extra thickness might cause an issue. I'm always a little wary of eBay descriptions about stuff I know nothing about.

Is it possible to get a flat result by clearing over a vinyl sticker?

Without an edge. Did a bit of reading and the suggestion was minimum 3 clear coats to remove the edge of the vinyl.

Sound about right?

i used a very thin white pinstipe for an accent to my painted stripes last min. I used two cans of 2K clear in multipe coats 5 total. You can still tell a slight difference in the decal vs the rest of the tank and seat.

I am not worried about delamination, but if you want silky smooth good luck and let me know how you got it done.

GK

311282_324863250946042_175685326_n.jpg

neevo said:
9 coats of clear then by the sounds of it ;)

LOL that may do it. One thing for sure the 2 goes on like glass, is hard to run (as long as you take your time), and fives a nice shiny finish (almost self leveling).

I wanna see the pics of the covered labels. I'm a pic whore... PIC PIC PIC

GK

You could also see if a local vinyl place can make thinner ones for you. I am having a local shop make these up for me:

Hondalogo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom