So My money and time have been occupied by another project lately. I was given a super beetle by an older lady. It was her husband's car when he passed 6 years ago.
When I first saw it, it was covered in dust, had two flat tires, and a dead battery. So I put air in the tires and a battery and it wouldn't start. so the next step was a tune up and it back fired through the carb. I popped the hood and realized that #1 and #3 wires were switched on the cap. swapped them out and it fired right up. (Yes, I put the wires on the car but I swapped them one at a time so that wouldn't happen). I tried driving it around the block and it would achieve a top speed of a walking pace. I then rebuilt the brakes with all new hydraulics and drove the car home.
So now I am in the minor resto/ making it a DD phase.
I picked up a new set of tires for her and I really wanted to clean the wheels up and paint them before I mounted the new tires.
I used the Rustoleum Hammertone Silver on them. They turned out pretty well. I am a novice painter at best.
More updates soon. I hope