www.abelbrown.com

Slipstream Cycle

www.moto-madness.com

www.caferacerxxx.com

www.oldschoolspeed.com

www.rustrev.com

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

DWMS Racing

Author Topic: What helmets you all got these days?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline gsdapollo

What helmets you all got these days?
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 18:06:14 »
So I need to get a new helmet for next summer, just curious what you all are rockin these days...

Im kinda diggin this and for $200, its not bad actually.  The only thing that bothers me is the chrome "DIESEL" written on the back but I could probably get that off.  I just cant tell if it cool or cheesy...

Anyways, shoot me some ideas if yall dont mind.  Later!!

Offline teddpage

• Site Supporter
Re: What helmets you all got these days?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012, 18:42:35 »
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/28143/ITEM/Bell-Vortex-Helmet.aspx

Thats the one i use now.  Its super comfy and fairly lightweight.  I personally dont like 3/4 helmets.  Ive seen a bad wreck where if the rider was wearing a full face they might have survived the crash...
1971 Honda CB450 Build -->> http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=13854.0

"its a motor dude degrease the fucker and crack on" - axeugene27

Offline danejurrous

• Never trust a man with a clean garage...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012, 18:52:43 »
I kinda feel the same way about the 3/4 helmets. Some love em some hate em. Me, after seeing a huge rock get flung at my buddy and if he was wearing a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet would currently be in the hospital getting his face reconstructed, will always wear a full face helmet. Bell helmets are great just picked up the Bell RS-1 and I LOVE IT!  :D Really quiet compared to my old helmet and has a visor lock. If you ride in the winter months like I do it also has a breath box you can get to keep the visor from fogging plus a photochomatic visor so you dont have to carry those pesky sunglasses or an extra visor  :)

Helmet:
http://www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/helmets/street/rs-1

Photochromatic visor:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-star-vortex-transistions-photochromatic-face-shield
81 GS750L - "it was my intention to "beat the 'L' out of it" - Buzznichols
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=46355.msg510617#msg510617

02 GSF1200S Bandit

Offline broncoboy79

What helmets you all got these days?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2012, 19:02:07 »
I have a bell rs-1 also. Awesome helmet. I don't even have to wear headphones if the bikes quiet. Almost zero wind noise. Plus I can change out my visor in about 10 seconds. True story. My brother timed me.
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing and become nothing.

Offline Habe

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2012, 19:09:18 »
I just picked up a Moto 3 style, dot approved helmet.
Now I'm just crossing my fingers it's not some scam.

Offline gsalter

• Cafe Fabrications
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2012, 19:25:40 »
I have the Bell Carbon Star Matte.  Very light helmet and virtually no wind noise.  Super comfy helmet as well.

Offline teddpage

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2012, 19:38:12 »
I have the Bell Carbon Star Matte.  Very light helmet and virtually no wind noise.  Super comfy helmet as well.

I love that helmet...i wish i had the extra cash to drop on one!!!
1971 Honda CB450 Build -->> http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=13854.0

"its a motor dude degrease the fucker and crack on" - axeugene27

Offline neckyzips

• vintage watch works
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2012, 21:42:24 »
I've been ridding for 35 years, been down more times on the dirt, street, and track than I can count, and one busted a shoei in half, I haven't worn a open face since the '70's and won't. I like my ugly mug and only trust it to a full face arai.
Sux, as it doesn't really go with the case racer theme. If you have to go old school maybe a full face bell?
operational procedure #1: HIT IT!

Offline Kanticoy

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2012, 22:05:08 »
I wear a 3/4 Bell around town, but my main helmet that I use is a Shoei RF1100.  It is one badass lid.  You can find good deals on them, I think I paid $150 for mine.
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline 4eyes

• Site Supporter
    • Stifler's Mom
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:06:18 »
I like my Scorpion EXO-700 more every time I put it on. ;D
My next may be an Arai XD-4 and RX-Q, but if money is tight I'll get an EXO-1100 instead of the RX-Q. Hell......I may rather have the EXO even if money isn't tight. ;)
75% has been 25% wannabe :P

"Yep, nostalgia is not what it used to be."   Beachcomber

Offline gsdapollo

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:06:42 »
Damn, im gonna have to hit the Google up today and check these all out.  Ya, im not totally sold on goin 3/4, but I already have a full face and just kinda want something a little different.  Thanks for all the ideas. 

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:44:50 »
I just got a bell revolver (Vers 2).  Modular.  It is pretty sharp.  Haven't had a chance to wear it while riding yet since my bike isn't done.

Offline danejurrous

• Never trust a man with a clean garage...
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:57:43 »
I just got a bell revolver (Vers 2).  Modular.  It is pretty sharp.  Haven't had a chance to wear it while riding yet since my bike isn't done.

I almost purchased the same helmet because I was interested in a modular although no one around me had it that I knew of and could not try it on. Snagged a killer deal on my RS-1 so I figured why the hell not.
81 GS750L - "it was my intention to "beat the 'L' out of it" - Buzznichols
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=46355.msg510617#msg510617

02 GSF1200S Bandit

Offline gsdapollo

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:39:12 »
I think im sold on this Nolan.  It gives me the option to go full face, or open face, plus integrated sun visor.  Basically gives me both helmets in one.  I like the style as well and the price is still doable.  Only question is, black or that wine cherry color? 

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:26:21 »
gsdapollo: do you have a link other than youtube (blocked at work)?

dane: I couldn't find it or any other Bell local either.  Got it from leatherup.com and they have a great return policy so I figured if it didn't fit then no problem.  It fits great.  Just wish I had a bike to try it on.  I get a little claustrophobic in full face helmets when there is no air moving through them, like when I'm starting my bike, so I thought the modular would be great.  I don't feel comfortable riding in anything but a full face.

END OF LINE
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 12:28:23 by Flugtechnik »