www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: What helmets you all got these days?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline gsdapollo

Re: What helmets you all got these days?
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:06:42 »
Damn, im gonna have to hit the Google up today and check these all out.  Ya, im not totally sold on goin 3/4, but I already have a full face and just kinda want something a little different.  Thanks for all the ideas. 

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:44:50 »
I just got a bell revolver (Vers 2).  Modular.  It is pretty sharp.  Haven't had a chance to wear it while riding yet since my bike isn't done.

Offline danejurrous

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:57:43 »
I just got a bell revolver (Vers 2).  Modular.  It is pretty sharp.  Haven't had a chance to wear it while riding yet since my bike isn't done.

I almost purchased the same helmet because I was interested in a modular although no one around me had it that I knew of and could not try it on. Snagged a killer deal on my RS-1 so I figured why the hell not.
81 GS750L - "it was my intention to "beat the 'L' out of it" - Buzznichols
79 xs650 Special II (chopping block)
82 xr500r
02 GSF1200S Bandit

Offline gsdapollo

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:39:12 »
I think im sold on this Nolan.  It gives me the option to go full face, or open face, plus integrated sun visor.  Basically gives me both helmets in one.  I like the style as well and the price is still doable.  Only question is, black or that wine cherry color? 

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:26:21 »
gsdapollo: do you have a link other than youtube (blocked at work)?

dane: I couldn't find it or any other Bell local either.  Got it from leatherup.com and they have a great return policy so I figured if it didn't fit then no problem.  It fits great.  Just wish I had a bike to try it on.  I get a little claustrophobic in full face helmets when there is no air moving through them, like when I'm starting my bike, so I thought the modular would be great.  I don't feel comfortable riding in anything but a full face.

END OF LINE
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 12:28:23 by Flugtechnik »

Offline lingo

• social pariah
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:35:21 »
A Nolan Trilogy is on my wish list. I have tried one on and it fit my head very well. The field of view is very good with the large visor too.
CB450K3- organ donor
CB450K3- On the road again.

Offline gnarshread

« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:44:09 »
Full face all day every day!

I love my Shark S700.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/product.php?sous_gamme=S700-S&gamme=SHARK%20Pulse%20Division&code_gamme=PULSE&code_sous_gamme=70S

I wanted a vision R because your field of view is HUGE!!! but I couldn't afford it at the time. I got Mine in the UK and it comes with a 4 star SHARP rating which blows the dick off of DOT and SNELL's minimum requirements. I've ruined a few helmets in my time and my advise is buy a good damn helmet. Who cares if you look cool if you've got brain damage or a broken jaw.

Offline Wahoo650

« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2012, 13:09:56 »
Arai profile in basic white.  I've worn other brands, but Arai actually makes their helmets to fit different shaped heads- each model is different, from round to oval so you can find one that actually fits you properly.  That's also why you should try on several helmets/brands to find what fits you the best.  My noggin is more oval, my old Bell Star was an XL, my Arai is a Med.  It's also a lot easier to wear if it feels good!

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell
1980 XS850SG - the disco bike
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
AMA Member
MGNOC Member
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v121/Wahoo650/
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=15221.0

Offline Shred_McGnar

• Come Get Some!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2012, 13:58:12 »
I've got a fullface myself but I love my vintage 3/4 helmets!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Offline gsdapollo

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2012, 15:55:21 »
gsdapollo: do you have a link other than youtube (blocked at work)?

dane: I couldn't find it or any other Bell local either.  Got it from leatherup.com and they have a great return policy so I figured if it didn't fit then no problem.  It fits great.  Just wish I had a bike to try it on.  I get a little claustrophobic in full face helmets when there is no air moving through them, like when I'm starting my bike, so I thought the modular would be great.  I don't feel comfortable riding in anything but a full face.

END OF LINE

Here's the link to revzilla bud

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n43e-trilogy-solid-helmet