www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Hindu/Indian parts  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Dingo

• peace and grease
Re: Hindu/Indian parts
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:15:42 »
I'm thinking the brochure had some parts lost in translation, because they're way off on some points.
We don't have the best roads in Mexico either. But at least they feel a lot more stiff than the ones currently on. Seriously my back suspension is so shot that when you try and kickstart it the bike bounces around.

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2012, 04:57:10 »
My experience over the past 10 years of dealing with India / Taiwan /and now China is that in the main quality has improved significantly on MOST parts.

That said - anything that requires close tolerances / quality material  - of a mechanical nature is still way behind.

Metal bashing and casting - The Indians seem to have a good handle on that. I bought a batch of alloy Monza gas caps - they were made to an English pattern and are pretty good. Castings are not porous and the finish / polish is also good. My pal has imported a batch of steel and alloy "replica" tanks. Quality has been good, finish just about OK - you take the word "replica" loosely ! More like "similar to". ::). Ditto with Replica Lucas 7" headlamps - price excellent and pattern spot on, but be prepared to repaint or rechrome the shells if you want an original type finish.

Also bought some alloy Chinese clip-ons - again pretty good quality and finish and good prices [ obviously ]. NO comparison with Tarozzi - but 40% cheaper.

Anything in the rag trade is generally pretty good - as they make for most Western companies anyway !

The shox have been getting a bad press here in the UK where they've been available for a little over 2 years now. Initially they LOOK the part, but are just not lasting and giving consistent performace.

As a rule of thumb - I'm steering clear of parts that are of a built up [ mechanical ] nature for the time being.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012, 11:50:04 by beachcomber »
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline WeberKid

• Tender Ind
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:52:34 »
My pal has imported a batch of steel and alloy "replica" tanks. Quality has been good, finish just about OK - you take the word "replica" loosely ! More like "similar to". ::).

my tank is from india.  no complaints at all, and amazingly fast shipping, considering how far it came from.

Offline Dingo

• peace and grease
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2012, 11:22:16 »
I'll shop around and what can I get down here, but still I have the itch to try out the Indian ones