750A rims on 750k4?

quadracer351

Coast to Coast
When I purchased my 750k4 the guy threw in a set of alloy wheels to a 750A. There I'm mint condition and I want to have them powder coated and use them on my k4. I don't know where to post this question but hopefully someone will be able to help me......will I be able to use a k4 speedometer with a 750a front wheel? Not sure if the speedometer where different ratios. Also is there any difference between the k4 rear wheel and the 750a?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ratios are the same
The use of A wheels is a common upgrade.
Rear wheel is 17 vs the stock 18. Not the best, but the alloy out weighs the meh of the smaller wheel.

Isn't the 750A rear wheel an 18? The GL1000 rims which are the same are 17 rear, but I'm pretty sure the 750A is 19/18 same as the 750K etc.

Planning on dismantling the rims to powdercoat them? Whatever you do don't have the spoked wheels painted or powder coated as a single piece.

BTW there is a wheels section that I'll move this thread into.

Thanks Tim I'm on my phone and must have over looked this section :/ I wasn't planning on taking them apart myself, I believe the place that I'm going to have the powder coat done will take them apart. If not I'll do it myself. Is it a headache? I never spoked my own wheels.

Not a headache - just the right thing to do. I had my rims and hubs powdercoated and while I was up at the shop, I saw a BSA front wheel that had been coated as a single piece in 'chrome' powder no less. Broke my heart.

Ouch....Yeah I'll talk to the shop doing it and see if there wheel price includes taking it apart. I know the price for the frame includes bead blasting, covering the holes and tapping them after. And chrome powder eh...I'm looking for a deep dark red then maybe dress it up with some white wall tires

Back
Top Bottom