www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Suzuki GS 550 E first timer cafe racer build UK  (Read 16301 times)

Offline stevogs550

Re: Suzuki GS 550 E first timer cafe racer build UK
« Reply #70 on: Aug 10, 2018, 20:15:17 »
Finally sorted the rear gs1000 spoked wheel.
Recap...
I found a gs1000 wheel on ebay. Badly listed. Rim was scratched up badly with what looked like 100 grit or something! Spokes were rotten. Tyre was useless but I was gonna fit a new tyre anyway.
Spent hours/days sanding the chrome rim with fine wet n dry abd polished with autosol and a buffer on a drill. The rim turned out pretty good. Not mirror finish but shiney and no deep sanding scratches!
Changed the bearings to fit my 17mm gs550 axle / spindle.
I found NOS spokes from germany. Found a nice local wheel builder (awesome retired dude into his old British bikes). Finally got the tyre delivered and fitted today.
Still waiting for the front tyre! Tyre Leader.com terrible customer service.
I sprayed the hub shield, rear caliper bracket and chain adjusters satin black while I was waiting for the rear tyre.
Bought a curved number plate bracket to fit to the axle. My ali brackets were too flimsy to go anywhere near the sprocket. And I could no longer fit it to the shock now I have the gas reservoirs on the shocks. The numberplate looks a bit odd on the photo but looks good in real life I think.