my new 75' CB550 project

shiznits75

Revive custom motorcycle fab
This is what my new project looked like a month ago when I picked it up. what a mess!

This is what it looks like as of now. The seat is a mock up made out of card board.
This is the glass seat I created from the mock up.
. I'll keep posting pics as I go.

more pics, I fitted the seat and hooked up the tail light. fits in there pretty well. I also ran the wires threw the handlebars,what a bitch that was. wired it all back up, installed some in line fuel filters. fired it up and sounded a lot better.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I had to yank to Carbs this weekend. Wasn't running good. Found that one of the jets were clogged to $h!t. waiting for rebuild kits to come in. Also who ever was the last person to mess with the carbs adjusted them way too lean. that was probably another reason for it not running right. They had the air screws @ 3/4 out. the book says they should be @ 1.1/4 to 1.1/2. AND when I originally got the bike, it had pods on it! surprised the thing even started! I have sinced installed the original airbox so I don't have to screw around with jetting. I rather have the realiability. I'm not planning on breaking any speed records on this anyway. I get carried away when I own real fast bikes, that's why I don't have my CBR 600RR anymore. Wife doesn't like the wheelies of days past:) My daily driver is a 2001 honda Ace now, and this bike will hopefully join the line up next season.

new pics of new paint job. wasn't happy with the first try. this looks MUCH better with some small flakes. I used Rustoleum metallic spray paint and crystal clear coat. When I do the tank I will use a 2 part clear to hold up to the gas.

HEre are some pics of the tank done. Used spray max 2k clearcoat. Good stuff, make sure you have a good resporator if you plan on using this stuff though, with plenty of ventalation.

I like it the paint looks awesome. cant go wrong with gunmetal hues. Thats the same tank i'm using on my bike. It probably fit easier on yours I bet. Keep it up do you have anything else planned.

Thanks,
this bike is pretty much done but, I did order a set of clip ons for it. Not sure if I will use them or not but we will see. I have another build that has been on ice , 74 cb360..you might be able to see a glimps at it in the background. I have a baby on his way in May so I don't think I will be getting to it anytime soon.

The tank is a 500t tank, it was about 2 inches longer than the original so I had to weld in some new mounting points in the rear and moount it a little bit higher off the frame.

thompsonmx100 said:
I like it the paint looks awesome. cant go wrong with gunmetal hues. Thats the same tank i'm using on my bike. It probably fit easier on yours I bet. Keep it up do you have anything else planned.

pics with clip ons on, not totally installed but, you can get the look. My Shadow is my daily driver so It might not be too bad around town hunch over ;)

were are all my pic????? Can anyone else see them, maybe its my computer please don't tell me they have been deleted by the forum for some reason... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom