www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Jacket Break In?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Rich Ard

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • doin' the backstroke in an estrogen ocean
Re: Jacket Break In?
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2013, 15:08:28 »
i like it
unplug the connectors from the harness and multimeter the shit out of them

Bad Points, a comic :: CB450 Restomod (sold) :: Viragostrosity :: GL1000 daily rider :: Kaw 175

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
Jacket Break In?
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2013, 21:43:37 »
It feels better already after wearing it half the day. Sure I look like a douche wearing my motorcycle jacket everywhere I go, and inside, and on the couch, and rolling around in the grass for good measure. But hey, who has two thumbs and gives no fucks?
This guy

Offline cqyqte

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Grumpy retired oldtimer... "eat a Snickers bar"
    • Ol'Coyote Cycles
« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2013, 22:02:18 »
I was taught that when you buy a new, used, old jacket you need to put it on and then go into the backyard and throw yourself to the ground and roll around aggressively.  Because if you don't you run the risk of your ride tossing you off and introducing you to the ground at high-speed when you least expect it!!!!! :o :o Just Saying!!!
'71 CB450K4 (BlackJack) Sold
'83 GS450GA (Automatic) Sold
'75 CB750F Hardtail (Deviant, 2010 Class Winner)
'02 XV1600 Roadie (the Stooge) Sold
'01 XV1600 RoadStar Custom Bagger
'01 VT750DC Sold

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #13 on: Apr 26, 2013, 22:05:36 »
I was taught that when you buy a new, used, old jacket you need to put it on and then go into the backyard and throw yourself to the ground and roll around aggressively.  Because if you don't you run the risk of your ride tossing you off and introducing you to the ground at high-speed when you least expect it!!!!! :o :o Just Saying!!!

Thats not the logic I used, but been there done that amigo.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #14 on: Apr 26, 2013, 22:26:15 »
I find that about 18 beers (at least two of which are spilled directly onto the coat) and few nights sleeping in said jacket on a concrete garage floor do the trick. Also, a copious amount of hangover sweat the morning after (while riding in 90deg temps) does wonders.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2013, 22:29:59 »
I find that about 18 beers (at least two of which are spilled directly onto the coat) and few nights sleeping in said jacket on a concrete garage floor do the trick. Also, a copious amount of hangover sweat the morning after (while riding in 90deg temps) does wonders.
Sounds like a tuesday.

Offline J.Roz

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2013, 04:44:34 »
Take a few naps while wearing the jacket, worked great on my new leathers.

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2013, 07:11:01 »
I actually wouldn't mink oil a jacket.  It really softens leather; a bit too much for a protective jacket, IMHO.  Wouldn't use any animal-oil based product.

Sno-seal works great for maintenance in my experience, though, once you've had the jacket a while.  Beeswaxed-based and seemed to help keep the top-coating on the Vanson leather in good shape.

For break-in, just wear it!  If you must, get it wet, then wear it.  Sweat (or beer?) help too, per Yinzer.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
Jacket Break In?
« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2013, 14:24:25 »
I've been wearing it non stop all weekend and its getting better. Still a little stiff, and it's certainly a vintage motorcycle jacket haha it's meant to be worn on a bike and not much else, there's not really enough material under the arms to lift my arms above riding height hahaha.
I need to go toss in in a busy intersection to get the new off it 8)