www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Vintage Privateer Smoker (RD350 Race Bike)  (Read 68943 times)

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
First Vintage Race Inspired Smoker
« Reply #20 on: Jun 16, 2013, 00:13:20 »
The fairing I was showing will be a phase two fairing. So keep watching and eventually we'll get there.

Did get out and do a little work tonight. Pulled the forks off the complete rd as they are a little nicer.  Still deciding exact ally what I want to do with the suspension. Keeping the stock forks... Thinking emulators and new springs.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Re: First Vintage Race Inspired Smoker
« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2013, 10:45:17 »
Yep.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #22 on: Jun 17, 2013, 20:20:57 »
Started tearing into the motor some today, took the cages cylinders and part of the case until my impact stripped three screw heads off and I quit for the night.

The pistons and cylinders look pretty decent, there is a good amount of blow by it looks like but maybe that's to be expected?  Im not against new pistons since I'm in here, but if they are fine I would just have the cylinders honed and new rings put on. Guess i need to drop it off at a shop and see what they say.

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2013, 00:47:38 »
Spent the evening over at tifuns house helping one of his buddies with his cb350. Got Tifun to handle polishing my lowers for me. Came out really nice.

Offline stepside03

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2013, 04:23:30 »
subscribed, cant wait to see where these two bikes go
-1999 Harley Davidson MT500
-1981 XS650(working on cafe'n it out)

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2013, 08:38:55 »
If you research this yourself and find something different.  Please let me know.  The best torque specs I could come up with on the tarozzi bars is 40 foot pounds for the larger fork clamp bolts.  I also used a drop of purple locktite to keep all the bolts from galling.  I have had em on and off a few times.  Once torqued to 40 they hold tight on the fork tubes.  Even when I yank on em.  And best of all havent broke a clamp yet.  At first I tried the same torque as triple clamps (12 pounds) maybe?  I dont really remember.  It wasnt enough.  They would move when I pulled em to put on center stand.

And thanks for the stickers!!!

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2013, 11:14:23 »
If you research this yourself and find something different.  Please let me know.  The best torque specs I could come up with on the tarozzi bars is 40 foot pounds for the larger fork clamp bolts.  I also used a drop of purple locktite to keep all the bolts from galling.  I have had em on and off a few times.  Once torqued to 40 they hold tight on the fork tubes.  Even when I yank on em.  And best of all havent broke a clamp yet.  At first I tried the same torque as triple clamps (12 pounds) maybe?  I dont really remember.  It wasnt enough.  They would move when I pulled em to put on center stand.

And thanks for the stickers!!!

When you google tarozzi clip on torque, all that comes up with is three different links to you talking about how there isn't torque specs :)

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2013, 21:47:21 »
When you google tarozzi clip on torque, all that comes up with is three different links to you talking about how there isn't torque specs :)

Well 40 is working for mine.

Did you guys ever find the stubby screwdrivers or you need me to pick em up?

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #29 on: Jun 24, 2013, 21:03:04 »
No forward progress on the race bike been swapping forks and rebuilding the forks for the stock rd over the weekend. I did receive a few presents today.