www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Exhaust Wrap  (Read 2572 times)

Offline intrudin

,68 trump, Bsa thunderbolt, RZ350
  RG250, Honda MB5

Offline danno

Re: Exhaust Wrap
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2008, 14:46:44 »
   Very kind of you to provide that link ! I will be attempting to wrap some headers in the very near future . Thank you !!!

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2008, 18:15:21 »
The guy in the first pic reminds me of Bill Murray.  :)
Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X

Offline SpiderMan

• Houston, TX
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2008, 22:07:32 »
I did my bike about a month ago and It turned out nice.  I think it looks really tough.
Dave G.
1980 Suzuki GS 1000G

Offline intrudin

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2008, 23:50:00 »
I did my bike about a month ago and It turned out nice.  I think it looks really tough.
this is my project not cafe more of a bar hopper
,68 trump, Bsa thunderbolt, RZ350
  RG250, Honda MB5

Offline Ninetyeight

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2008, 00:11:48 »
I was talking to a friend who is a mechanic for an AMA Grand Prix team about wrapping exhausts.  He gave me a few pointers. 

1.  Instead of spraying the wrap as you go, loosen the roll up and soak it in a bucket of water.  Once it's soaked it keeps all the particles matted down so you don't itch for a week, plus it lets it stretch and wraps a little tighter.

2.  While you're wrapping it around the exhaust, make sure and pull it as tight as you can, and since the wrapping is already soaked it will allow you to stretch it out a bit which helps for tightness.

3.  Once your pipes are fully wrapped, and the wrapping is still wet, run the bike.  It will smoke like hell and smell fierce, but the heat will help shrink the wrap closer to the pipes.

Don't know if that will help anyone, but it can't hurt.

-Garrett

Offline bissinger

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2008, 01:57:13 »
I was talking to a friend who is a mechanic for an AMA Grand Prix team about wrapping exhausts.  He gave me a few pointers. 

1.  Instead of spraying the wrap as you go, loosen the roll up and soak it in a bucket of water.  Once it's soaked it keeps all the particles matted down so you don't itch for a week, plus it lets it stretch and wraps a little tighter.

2.  While you're wrapping it around the exhaust, make sure and pull it as tight as you can, and since the wrapping is already soaked it will allow you to stretch it out a bit which helps for tightness.

3.  Once your pipes are fully wrapped, and the wrapping is still wet, run the bike.  It will smoke like hell and smell fierce, but the heat will help shrink the wrap closer to the pipes.

-Garrett

verrrry helpful tip.  im going to be doing this soon with the copper colored wrap on a dark blue bike hopefully it will look good

Offline SpiderMan

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2008, 08:40:10 »

-Garrett
That is exactly how I did mine.
Dave G.
1980 Suzuki GS 1000G

Offline oldhondarider

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2008, 15:20:02 »
Done it on two bikes that exact way.....  works like a charm.

Offline hotsos

« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2008, 23:30:45 »
dont do it, unless you want to look like this on your bike:

I'm an idiot with a wrench... lookout!!