www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Enfield Tracker: War Pig Rennaissance  (Read 55135 times)

Offline HollywoodMX

Re: Enfield Tracker: War Pig Rennaissance
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2014, 15:40:18 »
I have seen the Nickel plating mentioned several times in this forum. I think people forget 70% of the population is allergic to nickel. I'm guessing there is no clear coating after to prevent the exposure but I'm not sure.
TR1 Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=54733.0
Xv920 Tracker thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59754.15

77 KZ1075 Supercharged - 81 Yamaha XV920rh (x2) - 06 YZ250 highly modified - 08 Hyabusa

"I live my life a 1/4 beer at a time"

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2014, 16:12:57 »
Ya done yet?

--

YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
KZ400 The Rabbit
KLR650, 65 Norton, my never finished shovelhead chopper, an 86' FXR, and an F9 Bighorn
more YZF750R's, more KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the ever unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #52 on: Jan 31, 2014, 13:39:08 »
Ya done yet?

Hah.  It's in pieces back home and I'm in Chad for a few weeks.

And my plan to have work done over the course of the coming year has been interrupted, as I've been reassigned to work in Africa long-term, starting pretty soon.  Bike will probably arrive there in August or so.  So I'll need to get a few things going when I return to the US, and ensure the pieces-parts are ready for movers to pack up and ship to me once my family is ready to join me over the summer.

It's, um, complicated.

Oh, and I might have just scored a Matchless G15-CS, totally original, running...for free or almost-free.  We'll see.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #53 on: Jan 31, 2014, 14:33:26 »

It's, um, complicated.

Oh, and I might have just scored a Matchless G15-CS, totally original, running...for free or almost-free.  We'll see.

Nice.  Hope you get it.  Show us pics if you do.
--

YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
KZ400 The Rabbit
KLR650, 65 Norton, my never finished shovelhead chopper, an 86' FXR, and an F9 Bighorn
more YZF750R's, more KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the ever unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:27:10 »
Here's the Matchless; as I'm off to Africa in a few days, I will get it from the owner when I return:

#drool

In other news, progress on the Enfield!  Lots of parts back from paint, although the color is slightly off from what I wanted, there's no time to get it re-done.

Tom at McVay Motorworks rigged up my disc brake rear from the Indian kit I purchased.  We added a better, lighter torque arm to the swingarm and master cylinder mounts to the frame.

Found an upholstery mad scientist near my daughter's school, so he's got the seat and is doing an awesome cover and pad for it...snap-on/off cover with closed-cell marine upholstery foam underneath.  Giving me leather for the same cost as vinyl woulda been, so why not?

Engine is in a backpack going down to Chumma from Ace Engineering in NJ for the rebuild.  Head and barrel work is already done; he'll true the crank, put in high-quality main bearings, mod for better oil flow, and install a Newby belt primary and clutch.  External oil filter to be plumbed in again, with braided ss line replacing the stock oil tubing.  Flatslide Mikuni 32mm to be installed, Ace air canister intake.  Hoping Ace's new high-lift "shotgun" rocker set will be available soon, too.

Transmission will be rebuilt with ceramic bearings as well.  Hubs will go to Buchanan for Excel rims, ss swaged spokes, and Chumma will put in ceramic bearings there, too.  Trying to reduce power losses as much as possible, given that the engine can use all the help it can get.

But I leave RI tomorrow.  Everything that's getting done will hopefully be complete by June, when it can be packed up with the rest of my family's stuff and sent to Africa, where I'll be putting it all together once it arrives a month or three later.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
« Reply #55 on: Mar 15, 2014, 23:34:54 »
That matchless is classy. It'll be nice to see the enfield all back together and finished.
"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 21:51:37 »
Oh, fuck yeah.  Home for a spell and things are moving forward.  Wheels back from Buchanan, belt drive primary and racing clutch in from Bob Newby.  All with Chumma, my engine guy.

We'll be putting the engine into a rolling frame later in June.  Then I'm back to Africa and the bike follows with my household effects Aug/Sept-ish.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 11:47:01 »
Gotta love the Excels :)

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #58 on: Jun 10, 2014, 22:29:36 »
Frame's at powder!

Offline AgentX

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #59 on: Jun 10, 2014, 22:35:48 »
Seat's finished too.