the killer KZ200 comes to life! new pics aug 30th. hubba hubba!

subrock

here she is , not quite up and running yet but I couldnt wait to show off the new seat! bars still need to go lower IMHO and still a little bit of wiring to go in yet but shes shaping up just how I imagined.

when I got her
27072008001.jpg

not the same bike but a lower angle pic to get a better idea of the transformation , it was bone stock when I got it
1978-Kawasaki-KX200A-Blue-9789-1.jpg

later on that evening ;)
27072008016.jpg

and how she sits today. new pod filters , lower bars, some frame mods and this BITCHIN NEW SEAT (made by a local welder dude in about 3 days, who is looking for more work all y'all BC guys)
aabd53f5.jpg

03ad133a.jpg

11bf2105.jpg

86af31c2.jpg

f94e0d22.jpg

b5fac263.jpg

just need to hook up the wires and such and I'll be burning rubber in a couple days here.

Re: the killer KZ200 comes to life! now with bitchin new seat! muahaha

that seat is perfect! nice lines...

stange_dk said:
that seat is perfect! nice lines...

I agree. With a small bike like that you wouldn't want to weigh the look down with a big seat. That one is nice and small and really suits the bike.

thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it, sits back just far enough. It actually started off as a cardboard version of what I thought mysta2's Seat looked like on his "loud bike" and this guy ben made it come to life. I'm still trying to figure out whee to get 31mm headlight holders and clipons so I can get the bars to sit about even with the light. From the profile pics it looks like the guages might have to take a flying leap too. I just really love that flat look.

clipons are def. the choice if you want "low" - then you can get rid of the handlebar mounts and clean up the triple tree, which looks really good. you can also replace the original instruments with a mini tacho or speedo or both like this one
04de_2.JPG

you need some universal headligt brackets like these (you can find them in better quality if you want)

headlightbrkts.jpg

I have these on 34mm forks. If you cant get a tight fit, wrap a piece of rubber around the fork leg to make a "bushing". This will also reduce vibration in the headlight.

all is from ebay and it's relatively cheap...

I found a set of 31mm clipons that I like. Is it totally unsafe to make up that millimeter with a thin sheet of rubber?

what kind of price on the seats is he looking for?

subrock said:
I found a set of 31mm clipons that I like. Is it totally unsafe to make up that millimeter with a thin sheet of rubber?

Id use sheet metal shims. Go to a higher end bicycle shop and ask for 1mm bar shims.

and more info on this welder man, that seat looks great!

JRK5892 said:
what kind of price on the seats is he looking for?
with the seat and the work required on the frame (lopping off the rear section and grinding down the unused tabs and brackets) he charged me $450. he is in cobble hill just outside of duncan bc. he does high end hot rods out of his garage for a living but does motorcycle stuff on the side because he enjoys it. contact is ben: caddyscanada@shaw.ca hes a super cool guy and will get lots more work from me. comes across a little illiterate in emails but i assure you its only that he is esl, not just some redneck.

Bailz said:
Id use sheet metal shims. Go to a higher end bicycle shop and ask for 1mm bar shims.

does the shim material come in tube form or flat? would it be more advantageous to get a larger clip on and make a more sturdy shim ie. a 34 mm with a 1.5 shim?

I want one of those seats for my CB450.

subrock said:

where did you find suck small clip ons??

dcmspikes said:
where did you find suck small clip ons??

Haha a Freudian slip I'm sure ;). A guy by the name 'champ' from caferacer.net makes them.

its home again , got the battery hooked up and belted in (literally with a belt, under the swingarm), new tail light is on and working and all the wiring is hidden away. I might actually ride it tomorrow for the first time if it doesnt piss with rain. (but if it does I'll just strip the paint off the tank ;) fine with me)
27072008020.jpg

27072008050.jpg

27072008053.jpg

iphone002.jpg

iphone001.jpg

here she is! I'll let the pics speak for themselves. still a couple things I want to do ie. exhaust, change the bars, new tires, find some different gauges, but darn if she sure aint cute right now!
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031-1.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Very nice subrock. Nice work. That bike looks so light and nimble, must be nice to ride.

Are you painting the tank and tail or leaving it bare metal. Really like the look with the bare metal.

its staying bare for at least what is left of the summer. this is my first bike and I'm so happy with how it turned out ( and where it is going). important info from the test ride: taillight needed to be moved and hot damn I need some new rear shocks

Is subrock still around? Curious to see how the battery was hidden. Is this the OEM battery?

Back
Top Bottom