www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: First Build - CB750  (Read 12298 times)

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« on: Nov 18, 2013, 20:12:05 »
Did an introduction in February, bike was on hold for a while (got married, moved, etc), and now I am back at it. I'm going for a minimal, light looking bike with a brat style 2 up seat. I bought 2 donors, one was a 73 rolling chassis, the other was a chopped up 76 ss, but with a solid engine, carbs, and tank with under 12k on it. Here's where I started. I wasn't very good at taking before pics...

Offline sheerstatic

Re: First Build - CB750
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2013, 20:15:09 »
Tank finished.. I left the raised middle bare metal with just clear on it, the sides are metallic light blue. I cut the 'logo' out of re-stickable vinyl.

Offline sheerstatic

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 20:20:11 »
De-tabbed the frame, had a rear hoop and metal plate welded on to the back. Cut 2" out of and raised passenger peg mounts. Made seat pan out of sheet metal. Used rubber around edge of pan and cut yoga mat foam for bottom layers. Drilled holes into seat pan and frame(5), to use wing nuts on the underside.

Offline sheerstatic

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2013, 20:23:42 »
Sorry guys, not sure why my pics are posting upside down. They are right side up on my computer. Anyway, bought a cx500 bar clamp to house the start button (it will be powdered black). Bought bars and levers from dime city, posh switch for turn signals and horn.

Offline Cuba Libre

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2013, 08:04:20 »
I think your pictures are up side down!
But I'm subscribed, waiting to see where this one goes...

M.

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2013, 10:47:18 »
Yeah sorry! They are right side up on tapatalk and my MacBook, only flipped in browser?!

Bought 5 3/4 headlight from dime city. Mocked it up to see how it looked (minus forks).

Started polishing the engine and cosmetically freshening things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2013, 10:48:27 »
More cosmetic refresh

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2013, 17:43:37 »
Bought a cheapie powder coating setup from harbor freight. Coated these shock risers to learn on. I am going to use them with the rear shocks I have instead of buying new longer ones. Made my own oven out of an old metal file cabinet. Worked surprisingly well.

Also salvaged a rear hydraulic brake switch and remote reservoir to use on the front disc so I can hide them and not have on the bars/tree.

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2013, 17:47:13 »
Polishing my engine. Frame and other misc parts are at sandblasting. Bought new led signals, a tail light, and mirrors.

Offline sheerstatic

First Build - CB750
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2013, 15:37:45 »
Chopped fenders with angle grinder, smoothed and evened edges with grinding wheel and flap disc. Polished/cleaned both sides with wire wheel, rubbed down with acetone, ready for powder.