www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 400F bratstyle  (Read 15201 times)

Offline andycafe

• Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
400F bratstyle
« on: Dec 27, 2013, 21:25:19 »
So I had my Brother (IL) down for Christmas  :o
Back in April 2009 he had hooked me up with this 75 400F needless to say after 5 years of no movement with it he certainly put a fire cracker up me to get moving  ;D The original story was "The wife and i have just returned from a week long trip up and down the coast from Melbourne to Brisbane in our motor home, with plenty of stops along the way including Sydney where my Sister and her Husband Hardy live. How exciting you may say however Hardy is the bloke who although i have been into bikes for around 25yrs really got me into cafe racers and introduced me to Do The Ton. While visiting them he showed me the progress made and ideas for his own Suzuki cafe ( what a beast ) he also surprised me by very generously giving me a Honda Cb400f ( bored to 500 ). Needing some wiring, front brake and general tidying will turn into a nice cafe for myself, with a complete rebuild planned for after the wife's CB250rs cafe is completed, all the more reason to get hers finished now!!!!!!! So considering i had the bike trailer on behind the motor home with our Honda 600 tourer, with a couple of small mods i was able to bring the 400 back home and once i had recovered from about 3600kms of driving i spent a couple of hours looking over it and got it running so not to long before i can get out onto the road and DO THE TON !!!!! Ive added a pic at the bottom...
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2013, 21:28:08 by andycafe »

Offline andycafe

Re: 400F bratstyle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2013, 21:31:13 »
So I have had an idea of how I would like this to look for quite a while now, so with some much time having past and still loving the look I'm sure this is what I want  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2013, 03:43:44 by andycafe »

Offline andycafe

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2013, 21:34:50 »
And this is how it sits as of today ready for progress  :P

Offline TranceMachineVienna

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2013, 23:42:41 »
looking good man!i love these 400 f´s exhausts!stick with normal tires and not those baloony firestones...they destroy cornering with every bike.

Offline andycafe

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2013, 02:44:11 »
looking good man!i love these 400 f´s exhausts!stick with normal tires and not those baloony firestones...they destroy cornering with every bike.

Cheers man, yeah I was thinking normal tyres I really like the rib on the front, but I would like white walls or big white lettering on them  8)

Offline andycafe

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:40:04 »
I've played with several tanks to get the right look as the original wont suit, a CB550 is to large and the old steel XR tanks are too skinny but I found a CB360 fits great. The only problems with it is the location of the fuel cock being directly above the carb and a few dints that will need to he pulled before paint  :o

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:33:23 »
Ha, after my Bro turned me onto these little bikes.  That pic of that black 400 is the first one I found.  I fell in love w it.  and that was my inspiration model.

Be careful about adding too many 360 parts...you want it to run when finished dont you? :o

Yep, keep away from the firestones.  and if you plan to ride it, she will require more rear tire room.

I got you bookmarked.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2013, 08:38:00 by trek97 »

Offline andycafe

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2013, 15:59:00 »
Ha, after my Bro turned me onto these little bikes.  That pic of that black 400 is the first one I found.  I fell in love w it.  and that was my inspiration model.

Be careful about adding too many 360 parts...you want it to run when finished dont you? :o

Yep, keep away from the firestones.  and if you plan to ride it, she will require more rear tire room.

I got you bookmarked.

Nice one  ;)

yeah the tank will be the only 360 part I'll add  ;D don't worry I'm gonna put real tyres on her  ;D Your right about the rear fender being to close to the wheel  :o she has Koni's on the rear which she naturally sits higher on, so this will help as I do want her to be comfy  :)

Offline andycafe

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2013, 16:11:02 »

Question, What did you do with your 360 tank? it looks straight, interested in clearing it out of you shop  ;D

Offline andycafe

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2013, 00:42:01 »
Had a little play this afternoon and noticed that whoever installed the headers last didn't fit gaskets ??? Anyhow I also had a look around for some new tyres and found this combo of 110/90 rear (4.00) and 100/90 front @ $220 ride away, what do you think??
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013, 00:44:31 by andycafe »