www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 400F bratstyle  (Read 15394 times)

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: 400F bratstyle
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:33:03 »
Those are the Shinkos right? If so, they're a great tire for the money. Plenty of grip and performance for these old bikes and they seem to last well.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline andycafe

• Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2013, 16:38:29 »
Yeah Shinko, turns out that this dealer is not far from me in Melbourne so I'm hoping I can get 2 sets for and even better price pick up  :o ;) Thanks for the info it makes them sound promising indeed  :)

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2013, 16:51:05 »
+1 on the shinko's for the price they are excellent tires. I have em on the CX and the Wing and they stick well, easy to balance and wear pretty good too.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline andycafe

« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2014, 04:02:18 »
+1 on the shinko's for the price they are excellent tires. I have em on the CX and the Wing and they stick well, easy to balance and wear pretty good too.
Cheers for the feedback, I think this definitely gets me over the line to pick them up  :D

Offline andycafe

« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2014, 04:29:29 »
So today I started looking forward at this project, I noticed the PO had used oversized bolts in the clutch cable cover plate so had fitted spaces for it to tighten  ??? ??? I noticed this because as I know the engine runs fine (needs carb rebuild though) I wont be doing a complete strip down of it just a clean up  :o This means I want the little covers polished up for a contrast, the fun part is the PO used a wire wheel to clean the motor  ??? Anyway next up is to yank the motor and prep them frame for paint and clean up the rims for the new rubber :)

Offline andycafe

« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:54:45 »
Ordered the tyres today they should be Here by the end of the month  ;D also since now I have two builds going I needed to build an extra... :o Check my workshop build thread to see  ;D

Offline Roc City Cafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • I make things.
    • Roc City Cafe Racers
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:30:02 »
boy I hope that bike never gets rained on... nice stack/rain collector design... Personally I like the 400f, if I didn't feel the need to do stupid things like ride 130mph, it would be my favorite bike.  I wish you found a better inspiration build than that "brat" deathtrap. 

Offline andycafe

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2014, 15:40:41 »
boy I hope that bike never gets rained on... nice stack/rain collector design... Personally I like the 400f, if I didn't feel the need to do stupid things like ride 130mph, it would be my favorite bike.  I wish you found a better inspiration build than that "brat" deathtrap.

;D Thanks, Luckily I wont be copying it completely I'll keep the original rear ride height so that there is clearance and suspension travel  ;) and of course I am slipping some decent rubber on her not that she'll be aiming for 130mph  :D So basically she'll look different but should keep the factory ride ability  8)

Offline andycafe

« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:46:47 »
Ok so luckily my neighbour Craig has join the fun for this build and will be helping to complete the project  :D With that tonight we pulled the engine which was a lot better than I thought (think Craig had the heavy end  ;D) apart from the fact that the carbs had leaked fuel into the engine oil, it all seems to be good. We brainstormed a few ideas for the frame and various colours, so our next task is de-tabbing the frame before sand blasting :o then cleaning up the wheels ready for the new rubber  8)

Offline andycafe

« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2014, 02:58:50 »
New brake pads arrived today  ::) will make for a nice little polish & rebuild job we could do now  :)