www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: thinking of murdering out my bike.  (Read 7869 times)

Offline neondave

thinking of murdering out my bike.
« on: Jan 17, 2014, 21:38:20 »
So I've been searching around and seeing a lot of different bike and was thinking about changing mg bike up for the upcoming summer now my bike looks likes this now I was thinking of murdering it out a bit and painting alot of it either flat or gloss black what do you guys think paint it black and leave the tank red like painting the forks and headlight and what not maybe the motor. Or maybe just the forks and change up the front fender and mirrors and look into stretching the swing arm to make it a little longer. Looking to get some feedback on the idea

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2014, 22:22:40 by neondave »

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
Re: thinking of murdering my bike.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2014, 21:51:11 »
I live out of the way down in the swamp so forgive me as I am "out of the loop". Is murdering a new style? Is it taking over the cafe scene?

I would just take that sack off of the front.
"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline Roc City Cafe

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • I make things.
    • Roc City Cafe Racers
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2014, 21:55:36 »
Rocket boosters.

Offline neondave

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2014, 22:09:26 »
Maybe move the bag to the back I need to have place to keep my registration and insurance. And as far as murdering out pretty much means to flat black everything not sure what I wanna do with it yet. As far as cafe no thanks I'd rather cut my bike into little pieces before even considering one of those ugly things. May just touch up a few things paint the forks and change the mirrors and finally put some more money in it. And maybe cut down those bug eye marker lights lol move em in a bit or change em out when I built the bike I didnt have a lot of money now I work at a speed shop so have plenty of money to put into it.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2014, 22:14:47 by neondave »

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2014, 22:20:22 »
soak it in gas-oline and set it to fire its the only way to be sure  8)

Offline neondave

Re: thinking of murdering out my bike.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2014, 22:44:15 »
Sometimes I think that's better off lol she only has 10k original miles not bad for an old bike maybe I'll flip it and buy another since I only paid 300 for it bone stock and put maybe 200 into it

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2014, 21:13:52 »
If that's the case I'd go MANSON on it and murder that bad boy. At least to match those hangers. As far as the papers go once that bike is murdered what law enforcement agent is gonna have the balls to pull you over?
"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline rusche

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2014, 22:43:23 »
MURDER!
Nothin like a $10 rattle can paint job to show all dem silly ugly cafe bikes whos boss  ::)

Offline Beldrueger

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2014, 23:38:47 »
That bike's not really my style, but all black bikes look terrible. It's about the laziest thing you can do with a bike's style, and for it to look even vaguely good, you've got to do it right. No one ever does it right.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2014, 00:18:41 »
Wasn't all flat black a nineties thing?  Is it coming back again?  What happened to the rear end of that bike?  It looks like it collapsed in those small pics, but I'm guessing it may have been lowered or hardtailed.

we have an FZR400 in the shop with semi gloss tank, seat cowl and fairing with a yellow stripe and white wheels and it looks fine, but all black is just a rat bike look that was popular a while ago as a grunge look.  Not my favorite look.