www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: drop seat kz  (Read 11064 times)

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
Re: drop seat kz
« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2014, 13:16:25 »
Just throwing this out there because it seems you are a Noob who may not be aware or know the term... Ever hear of "Konging a frame" or "Konged frame"?
Might be something to GOOGLE . Named after the style frame mods that "Kong" Wilkey made famous where you can get the look I think you are after and retain a sprung rear end.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Schmeck750

• If you can't buy it, build it.
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2014, 13:30:19 »
I'm not a noob with fabricating but with hardtailing a frame yeah. I've only made 2 hardtails before and both of them were assembled on a table and then welded to the frames. With these kz frames though the designs are alittle different and the tubing is also thin chromoly steel so welding it with a flux core welder takes extra care.
I'll definently google that term.
I know. I can weld it up but I want to make sure that wherever I attach the tubes it will be strong enough since I'm not using a large angle on the tubes.

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #22 on: Feb 26, 2014, 13:50:45 »
So I googled it and yeah I have seen that before. Didn't know it was konging a frame though . Ill keep that idea in mind for the next bike but for this one I already have some tubing on the one and a local shop that can bend any angle I need for it . Now I just need to think of a good design and what bends I need. I'm going to be sitting low with forward controls. May or May not make my own springer seat for it like the old bicycles used . One thing at a time though :) Any thoughts on some good angles?? I'll take any hardtail idea into thought.
-Schmeck

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2014, 05:06:55 »
Fair enough... like a said, just throwing it out there.  :D
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #24 on: Feb 27, 2014, 08:52:50 »
Don't get me wrong it is a great idea. And I'm all for any idea that could inspire me to a design .

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #25 on: Feb 28, 2014, 21:01:27 »
So I'm going to bend the tubes up tomorrow after I take some measurements. Got the bike of the jacks and put the springer front end on to see how it would look . Here's how it looks right now. I will be cutting and welding tomorrow and maybe get some forward controls welded on . Here's the base

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2014, 21:03:10 »
Pic one

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #27 on: Feb 28, 2014, 21:04:13 »
Two

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #28 on: Feb 28, 2014, 21:05:51 »
The pics move btw. I think they were sized too big when I took them. Whatchall think ?

Offline Schmeck750

« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2014, 13:50:16 »
So decided to raise the hardtail to some better angles so that there isn't so much stress on one joint . Only got one bar welded on . Everyone seems to need help the day you decide to do something . Here is it so far