www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "susie's" build thread  (Read 8333 times)

Marcusgarwood

Re: "susie's" build thread
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2014, 15:43:55 »
Cheers Borrachadog, I'm determined to get her looking how I want before hitting the roads...I've even kept it underwraps from friends and family until she's finished.

Offline Bojer

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2014, 15:52:51 »
Quote from: Marcusgarwood link=topic=57879.msg656790#msg656790 date=1393702893Problem is though my confidence is now sky high and who knows what's going to happen next?
[/quote

I'll watch with interest  ;) - I'd suggest the rear shocks are worth swapping for something with damping , I've put YBR125 ones on mine for the moment - better but not good .

Offline borrachadog

« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2014, 16:00:31 »
Marcus i didn't even start mine never mind ride it haha got it delivered in its crate. First saw the ace on here and thought i had to have one just to fiddle with.

Marcusgarwood

« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2014, 16:07:00 »
Marcus i didn't even start mine never mind ride it haha got it delivered in its crate. First saw the ace on here and thought i had to have one just to fiddle with.
I know exactly what you mean, I haven't owned a bike for 18yrs..looking through bike trader a month or so back searching for a moped for my lad i caught a glimpse of one of these and the rest is history, one hell of a meccano kit to play with at weekends  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 16:26:07 by Marcusgarwood »

Marcusgarwood

« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2014, 16:12:43 »
[quote author=Marcusgarwood link=topic=57879.msg656790#msg656790 date=1393702893Problem is though my confidence is now sky high and who knows what's going to happen next?

I'll watch with interest  ;) - I'd suggest the rear shocks are worth swapping for something with damping , I've put YBR125 ones on mine for the moment - better but not good .
Rear shocks were one of my next areas to tackle, I'm not after piggy back shocks-I want to keep a more retro look. I see the YBR ones are all coil and look pretty good..does anyone know of any other retro looking rear shocks that are available that are an improvement over originals?

Offline Bojer

« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2014, 17:34:48 »

I had three exhaust systems on my bike before it had done 30 miles so think I am in the same bracket  ;D

Just liked the look , and "real" classics are just too expensive as a toy and you feel bad about messing with them .

Offline ChrisBNE

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • The Growler
"susie's" build thread
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2014, 21:43:02 »
I'm planning to do similar with the battery, but wanted to set it further back and cover with corflute.  Is it ok to lie battery on an angle?

Marcusgarwood

« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2014, 04:55:15 »

Today's tasks..bar end mirrors arrived, plate ready to go under seat where mudguard has been removed and ovals and brackets painted ready for fitting. Also got hold of some red adhesive stripes to emulate pinstriping on tank/seat hump before taking the plunge. Hopefully get the bike out for some better pics but the gardens become a swamp after the recent weather!

Marcusgarwood

« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:35:20 »

Bar end mirrors fitted, managed to position them so I can actually see behind which was easier as they have curved glass..gives a much more purposeful appearance to the bike from behind.

Oval plates fitted, hopefully when pinstriped in red they should stand out more rather than looking like a black hole. Still thinking they may have looked better in silver?

I bought a belt yesterday to specifically go with my new suit for horse racing this coming weekend, somehow it has become attached to the tank? Best get a new belt quick before wifey sees that I'm chopping up new unworn clothing  ;D

Seat hump was feeling left out today after receiving zero attention so gave her a few inches of belt as well. Really happy with result and will get those red stripes either side pinstriped on as well.

Offline ACE125toy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:48:46 »
Looking good mate, I must say there are some cool looking toys in that shed loving the red magura hydraulic brakes!