www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Introducing the Sparck Moto FB-11  (Read 34567 times)

Offline Habanero52

• The Race......is only with yourself!
Re: Introducing the Sparck Moto FB-11
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2016, 15:21:01 »
Thanks.
Glad that you are back.
Habanero52
Speed cost....How fast do you want to spend?
Follow the dream.
Why does life get in the way?

Offline eyhonda

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2016, 15:34:17 »
You're welcome and thanks.   I just acquired one of my favorite vintage bikes - a cb175.   I'll use it as a test development bed for other things electronic.   So, yeah, I hope to get active here again.   This fuseblock project is pretty exciting stuff.
01 VFR800i, my daily ride.
90 RC31 Hawk GT 663, part Honda part Ducati .
09 Aprilia scooter, city scoot.

Offline Habanero52

• The Race......is only with yourself!
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2016, 15:38:33 »
That is a cool bike. I had one when I was in high school.
The fuseblock is awesome!
My son and I have a few unmolested CB160s.
Habanero52
Speed cost....How fast do you want to spend?
Follow the dream.
Why does life get in the way?

Offline datadavid

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2016, 11:46:44 »
 This is a cool project! Can you explain how relays are superior to microswitches so the village idiot here can understand?

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2016, 19:27:46 »
This is a cool project! Can you explain how relays are superior to microswitches so the village idiot here can understand?

Relays are basically high current switches. They provide a direct shot from the power source to the powered component (instead of having to pass through long sections of wire and multiple switches, as is the case in most setups).  They also allow the use of microswitches to run things like the headlight or coils, which usually isn't possible with the switches, directly.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline nightpoison

« Reply #105 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:05:51 »
Question, when designing this did u take in to consideration a stock bike or one that's been modded? Can this be mounted in the stock location where the fuses r located now or will other mods need to be done to accommodate it

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #106 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:40:19 »
Nightpoison, it would totally depend on the bike. I used one of these and completely rewired my GL1000, used probably half the wire vs oem and was able to shorten a lot of circuits up etc. I found it really simple to create the circuits I needed off the FB-11 versus doing it with just a fuse block. Basically you power the board and ground it, then you can run the hot or + to the component then ground from the component to a ground spot close to it. I used about 4 frame grounds which cleaned up the wiring and made for a better ground in most cases.  The board has an LED indicator for each fuse so if one goes you see it immediately. It would have mounted in my factory fuse location but I chose to move it for easier access and to run less wires.  for a good example of what you can reduce, if you have ever seen inside an old bikes headlight bucket there is like 10 connectors and its stuffed with wires all going in and out for usually all the lights, and controls etc. I have the headlight plug, everything else is rin from the FB-11 to the control or light and then ground. way cleaner.

Cheers

Maritime
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline nightpoison

« Reply #107 on: Aug 30, 2016, 09:01:31 »
That makes complete sense. I guess I didn't really think about the question. I have a 74 CB750 and it would be different for every bike. Thanks for your insight.

Nightpoison, it would totally depend on the bike. I used one of these and completely rewired my GL1000, used probably half the wire vs oem and was able to shorten a lot of circuits up etc. I found it really simple to create the circuits I needed off the FB-11 versus doing it with just a fuse block. Basically you power the board and ground it, then you can run the hot or + to the component then ground from the component to a ground spot close to it. I used about 4 frame grounds which cleaned up the wiring and made for a better ground in most cases.  The board has an LED indicator for each fuse so if one goes you see it immediately. It would have mounted in my factory fuse location but I chose to move it for easier access and to run less wires.  for a good example of what you can reduce, if you have ever seen inside an old bikes headlight bucket there is like 10 connectors and its stuffed with wires all going in and out for usually all the lights, and controls etc. I have the headlight plug, everything else is rin from the FB-11 to the control or light and then ground. way cleaner.

Cheers

Maritime

Offline eyhonda

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #108 on: Aug 30, 2016, 10:10:18 »

Cheers

Maritime

I'm a bit late to check in here but it was cool reading how you installed the FB-11.   Neat to see something I was part of being used!  I'll be wiring one of my prototypes on my cb175 shortly.   I'm still waiting for Vintage Connections to fix their website so I can order a new connector kit.

Eric

01 VFR800i, my daily ride.
90 RC31 Hawk GT 663, part Honda part Ducati .
09 Aprilia scooter, city scoot.

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #109 on: Aug 30, 2016, 10:24:11 »
I liked it and I will have to go back and re-do my connections, not on the board, those are good but I used the store bought bullets and even though I used shrink tube etc, I should have spent the $$ on the good ones from vintage connections. So over the winter if I have the spare funds I will re-do my bullets.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson