1966 Honda CB160 ...vintage cafe in progress....

sheltor

Well i have been lurking on here for a while and thought i should post some pics up of my bike. It is mainly unrestored, and all original sans the mufflers and clubman bars... just needed a good cleaning and tune up when i bought it about a year ago. im in the process of building a seat for it and getting some things powder coated and a chrome front fender, but i figured i would post some before shots, enjoy!

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

*all shots taken with my iphone, just pulled off the road on my ride home from work...

Here in Florida if the bike is mid 70's or earlier it you can remove the turn signals with no penalty, but if the bike has them they have to work.

Terry
J'ville, Fl.

Wow :eek: :eek: :eek: Cant imagine riding without indicators. Must make it tricky for other motorists to know where the hell you are going and what you are going to do.

Do they wait or just pull out on you guys?

How do you pull out and pass in a dual carriage way?

I am fekin amazed at this law / regulation.

Gotta use hand-signals.

And for the amount of people that actually notice motorcycle indicators, hand signals are probably more visible.

I have indicators, but as a rule I still use hand signals when there is a cage around.

Yep, hand signals. Always hand signals. It became habit from riding scooters built without indicators.

Cool 160! Did you read the Sep/Oct issue of Motorcycle Classics? They had a big section on racing CB160s.

yep bike came from honda with no turns... you get used to it, though i live in the historic part of town so there really isnt much traffic.

yeah the classic mag had a very good article on the group w guys. through their bikes are kinda stripped down and track built. still they are only people doing that! and making some great parts.

I don't have winkers on my '66 305 Dream either -- I hand signal everywhere. The only time it's tricky is when you're at something like a busy 4-way stop intersection, because you can't signal with your left hand unless you're in neutral. I find myself not making a lot of left-hand turns from a full stop...

IMG_1248.jpg

XXGABEXX said:
Yep, hand signals. Always hand signals. It became habit from riding scooters built without indicators.

Cool 160! Did you read the Sep/Oct issue of Motorcycle Classics? They had a big section on racing CB160s.

that green one was bitchin

I really love the smaller displacement Hondas, especially the 160. Very nice bike. I got to meet the "godfather" of the CB160 racing craze. Tim Fowler is a close friend of one of my riding buddies. He flew to Kansas this fall for my friends wedding reception. Very nice guy. He even invited me to bring my HD Sprint 250 and rece with them.

Back
Top Bottom