CB450 Done!!!

Herm21

Been Around the Block
After 8 long months I finally got the 450 completed and ready to ride today!! The paint is black cherry and really came out looking great, it's just a little redder than I expected, but I'll live with it for now.

101_6276.jpg

101_6269.jpg

101_6256.jpg

Herm21 said:
After 8 long months I finally got the 450 completed and ready to ride ready today!! The paint is a black cherry and really came out looking great, it’s just a little “redder” than I expected, but I’ll live with it for now.

I love it. What mirrors did you use? These look awesome. Good job!

Very, very nice bike! Great work. Love the tank, really came out nice. The paint looks awesome, did you do it yourself?

I can't believe how clean it looks.

Amazing looking bike! I agree with the fact that the bike looks newer than when it rolled outta the factory stock!!!

Man that bike looks freaking great! I can barely see the black cherry haze in the pics on my screen - I bet it looks awesome in person.

Great Job!

Sick... just sick! everything about that bike is just CLEAN man... LOVE IT!!! I woudl love some info on the mirrors as well if your willing to tell... very sharp man so so clean!

Really appreciate the kind words fellas! Given this is my first build ever it really means a lot when the pros think it’s cool!!! ;)

Deacon- No I didn’t paint it myself, when it comes to paint I leave that to the guys that know what they’re doing. ;D I had a buddy who does this for a living shoot it. The guy really does some killer custom work! This paint actually looks black in the shade, but as soon as the sun hits it you can see the red flake in it giving a totally different look. :eek:

Bomber- I found the grips on ebay at some point, they’re not real soft but do have great grip!

The mirrors are chrome bar ends I found on ebay as well. I originally wasn’t going to run any, but these were cool looking, and smaller than most (about 3” dia), and I could easily adapt them to the stock perches…although because they’re so low my arms obstruct the view a bit in natural riding form but all it takes is for my elbows to tuck in a bit, still beats having to turn your head tho!

Here’s a link for a current post;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-End-Mirrors-Triumph-Ducati-Buell-Aprilia-BMW-CHROME_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350130917472QQitemZ350130917472QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I put about 16 miles on her today and think I have her dialed in pretty good after some adjustments here and there, got her to about 65mph with no real effort, but still getting a little popping from the right exhaust when I start slowing down, I may try different jets tomorrow and see if that does any better. -Herm

black chery rocks! i shot my harley in that! Used Harley paint and then cleared it with PPG... much better chear than the crap HD uses

Nice! That thing makes my 450 look like a snot rocket. What is that tank off of? It looks too big to be the stock tank. Hammer in the knee dents yourself? Is the battery hidden behind the spades? More pics would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom