www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: $50 mod thread  (Read 340332 times)

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
Re: $50 mod thread
« Reply #80 on: Jan 15, 2009, 17:15:24 »
I'm not sure what else is in Barkeepers Friend, but it is gritty (abrasive).  Its main cleaning agent is oxalic acid though.  You would have to read the can.  It is powder so it seems like your wood bleach would be better.

Offline Derek4Real3

• "pillow talk" 73' Honda CL450
« Reply #81 on: Jan 15, 2009, 17:29:41 »
I dont want to threadjack or get off topic but im wondering if that solid state rectifier upgrade i bought will be enough to be ok with my H4 headlight. Im still wiring my bike and wont know till its all done.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #82 on: Jan 15, 2009, 18:26:43 »
it will be fine as long as you have a tender for it at night.. that H4 will take ALOT of power brother, but if you run LED lighting thought he rest you should be fine... Steve is the man, hit him up he will be able to let you know.. he is my go to guy on electrical needs!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #83 on: Jan 15, 2009, 18:29:27 »
bar tenders best friend ROCKS!!! i use it all the time to clean up metal!!! then you really have to clean it afterwards with some denatured alchole or PREP... but it work great!
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline Flugtechnik

• Nixon and Me
« Reply #84 on: Jan 15, 2009, 19:12:19 »
it will be fine as long as you have a tender for it at night.. that H4 will take ALOT of power brother, but if you run LED lighting thought he rest you should be fine... Steve is the man, hit him up he will be able to let you know.. he is my go to guy on electrical needs!

I just ordered my LED bulbs and already bought my new headlight.  I was planning on doing a $50 mod post once I installed everything.  The stock bulb on my CL450 is a 50/35 W sealed beam.  I bought a bright white 65/55 W halogen that I am going to put on after installing my LED bulbs.  I bought LED bulbs for the gauges as well.

Offline Derek4Real3

• "pillow talk" 73' Honda CL450
« Reply #85 on: Jan 15, 2009, 20:30:38 »
I just ordered my LED bulbs and already bought my new headlight.  I was planning on doing a $50 mod post once I installed everything.  The stock bulb on my CL450 is a 50/35 W sealed beam.  I bought a bright white 65/55 W halogen that I am going to put on after installing my LED bulbs.  I bought LED bulbs for the gauges as well.
point me in the LED gauge bulb direction, i have a LED tail light and H4 headlight (no directionals) and im starting to worry because i dont have power in the garage to run  a battery tender, plus my battery is tiny
Nominal Voltage: 12V 
Capacity @ 20 hr rate: 8.5ah 
Case Quantity: 5 
Dimensions: 5.94"L x 2.56W x 3.86H 

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #86 on: Jan 15, 2009, 20:31:42 »
auto aluminations! great great stuff!!! my brother just got LED prjections for his fog lights and they are STUPID bright
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

Offline BigBSBusa

« Reply #87 on: Jan 15, 2009, 20:58:11 »
auto aluminations! great great stuff!!! my brother just got LED prjections for his fog lights and they are STUPID bright

Yep, here's the web addy:  http://autolumination.com/
BigBS

1974 Honda CB550
1977 Yamaha XS750 - Project Maggie Mae
1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11 - Project Raven
1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Project Sable

Offline Flugtechnik

• Nixon and Me
« Reply #88 on: Jan 15, 2009, 21:09:11 »
point me in the LED gauge bulb direction,

I got mine from here, Enkmall, an Ebay store.  I believe the Ba9s bulbs should fit the CB gauges.  $2.40 each (I got 5) vs. $7 each from autolumination.  They are being shipped from Hong Kong so I should get them in about 2 months.   :D

Offline johnson_steve

« Reply #89 on: Jan 16, 2009, 16:22:53 »
point me in the LED gauge bulb direction, i have a LED tail light and H4 headlight (no directionals) and im starting to worry because i dont have power in the garage to run  a battery tender, plus my battery is tiny
Nominal Voltage: 12V 
Capacity @ 20 hr rate: 8.5ah 
Case Quantity: 5 
Dimensions: 5.94"L x 2.56W x 3.86H 

Ok. your fancy new h4 bulb is consuming 1.7 amps more then the stock sealed beam (that's only 1.25amps more with the highbeams on, but that's 2.5 amps more with the H4 highbeam on versus stock without the highbeams) 1157s (the bulbs used in turn and brake lights) consume .7 to 1.9 amps a piece depending on which filament is lit. So in droping 5 (3 of which would be consuming .7amps all the time) 1157 bulbs off your bike and going with a led taillight and no turn signals saves you 2.1amps (not to mention the extra energy saved (almost 2 more amps) when the bilinkers would be blinking or while the brake light would be lit.) after factoring in the extra drain from the H4 bulb you are left with 400ma to run your led tail/brake light. this should be more then enough for even a big light. If you are still worried do what I did: install a headlight cutoff switch so you can turn the headlight off alltogether durring the day that will save you 4.5amps (with the h4) the entire time the light is off versus the low beam being on. it's not legal to have a headlight switch on a '74 or latter bike, but no one has called me on it with my '78 cb400.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009, 16:30:45 by johnson_steve »