the new guy. CB100 first custom

WOW. I cant believe I haven't posted sense June.
my car (1977 valiant) failed rego so the Honda got put away and I started cutting out rust plus had to pull the engine out to fix an oil leak. (wont go back to that inspection guy again hehehe)
well anyway. I have managed to get a little bit done.
the whole bike is wired up with including stripping the handle bar controls back down and redoing them because if a jobs worth doing. its worth doing twice. also iv started playing with making my own LED array for the tail light,

the seat is finished and I have started the prep for paint.

as im using longer elephant ears to hold the head light further out I am not running the wiring through the back of the light, so I have fibre glassed up the holes for a neater finish.
currently stripping old paint of the tank and rear cowl then just need some minor filler/surfacer work and paint.
iv had a play on the computer to give an idea of paint scheme.

Attachments

• Margo seat.JPG
    Margo seat.JPG
    918 KB · Views: 271
  • margo paint2.jpg
    margo paint2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 278
  • ENGINE OUT.jpg
    ENGINE OUT.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 278
I see you're keeping mighty busy roots :D
How was the job of rebuilding the CB100 engine? When you took pics of that oil filter 'spinner' filled w/ Junk I dreaded to see the rest of the inside of that engine !

the rest of the 100 freshen up was OK.
just some gunk in the case ect.
everything spins free enough without too much excess play. time will tell how it runs and lasts.
I did the bare minimum to this eng to get it running as I have an SL125 motor I picked up cheap that i will "hot up" a bit and install down the track.
that being said the 100 hasn't exactly run smooth.
while using a piece of hose as the "tank" I got it to fire but then I fitted the tank and it kept blocking the filter and carb with crud so wouldn't run more that 10 sec before needing cleaning out again.
I have now done several stages of cleaning treatments and a liquid liner in the tank so that issue should be fixed but while I was at it im doing the paint so cant take it for a spin. :(

WOW. cant believe I said "just a little bit of paint prep".
I decided to spend copious amounts of time getting the absolute best results I can with my "first ever paint job" skill level.
there were a couple of small dents that I managed to mostly massage out then stripped back to bare metal and used some bog to get it real close. (tried to keep the bog layer to less than a few mm) the applied high build primer/surfacer and rubbed it back about 7 times to get it perfect.

this took FOR EVER. but im stoked with the results.

now I need to do a quick colour sand and buff, but first will be clean out shed, pack up paint booth and put the Val away which means the misses can get her car back in the carport.
also Iv collected all the materials needed to fab my SSteel exhaust and muffler buts another story.

Attachments

• IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • IMG_3810.JPG
    IMG_3810.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_3779.JPG
    IMG_3779.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3777.JPG
    IMG_3777.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
sorry grcamma5 but I haven't done anything except take the tank and cowl down from the hanging wire and stick the valiant in the shed.
been having an absolute nightmare time at work. plus neck deep in owner building a new house.

as soon as iv got anything to show ill be strait on.

pretty stoked other ppl are keen to see updates though.
my wife thinks im just stuffing around in the shed. ::)
;D

Roots265 said:
sorry grcamma5 but I haven't done anything except take the tank and cowl down from the hanging wire and stick the valiant in the shed.
been having an absolute nightmare time at work. plus neck deep in owner building a new house.

as soon as iv got anything to show ill be strait on.

pretty stoked other ppl are keen to see updates though.
my wife thinks im just stuffing around in the shed. ::)
;D

So, did you finish.........my little 100 is in pieces on the bench again.

My wife also thinks I'm out in the shed just tinkering away.

Back
Top Bottom