www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: modified, aftermarket, or custom. nothing is safe (78 KZ1000)  (Read 59280 times)

Offline doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
Re: modified, aftermarket, or custom. nothing is safe (78 KZ1000)
« Reply #350 on: Feb 07, 2019, 03:01:30 »
I was never really happy with the seat, it was the first one I ever made so mistakes were abundant. There was a small gap at the back, the vinyl i used was very slippery so its was hard to hang off the bike and feel comfortable, and the foam was OK, but I feel like it needs to be firmer and a little more sculpted.

I started with a new pan in 5052. this is the most in depth metal shaping project I have ever done, and i Learned  a lot on the way. The pans a bit crude but it will get covered with foam. I need to get some more tools.....

any suggestions or foam? i was thinking about layering neoprene
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019, 03:34:53 by doc_rot »

Online pidjones

« Reply #351 on: Feb 07, 2019, 07:50:13 »
My first attempt was using carpet padding foam - the shreded and glued back together type. Glue down (I used 3M 80 spray) a rough layer, shape with an electric carving knife (ebay - DON'T use the wife's!) Glue another layer, repeat. Final smooth with a very course sanding disk on a grinder.

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019, 07:59:21 by pidjones »
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #352 on: Feb 07, 2019, 07:52:08 »
You could cast your own shape like I did on my BMW with Smooth-On FlexFoam-iT.  They have densities up to 25lb per cubic feet.  I used 7FR on the BMW. FR=fire resistant.