www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: '73 CB350G take II: resto-mod - The 3-4-5 - Getting closer  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Rimmy

Incremental progress as always. I added some new stainless bolts, fitted the new air filters and did a few other tiny things that really add up. I also trimmed the sprocket cover so I can actually take it off when the exhaust support is still attached. Most importantly, though, I got a new chain to go with the 520 sprocket conversion. Also, I took the fender, tank and trim pieces off to paint in 2 weeks. Also debating if/how much to bob the rear fender. I've go the LED taillight mocked up in place. I'm really not sure just how much I'll want to trim it. I can still set the bike up to my liking without bobbing it and just trim later if I'd like though.

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2019, 22:12:29 by Rimmy »

Offline Rimmy

Slowly but surely. Getting ready for paint job 2.0. The gas tank and associated bits will be a seafoamish green color. Prep is key (and takes forever). Also sent out the rest of the bits off to get powdercoated to match the rest of the bike. Note, the CL specific mechanic stand will be used instead of the CB350 one so it doesn't keep bashing into the swingarm every time i let it go. Just need to source the stopper or make a new one.

Offline Rimmy

Lots of progress today! Had to wait on a few bits and bobs to arrive so I could keep progressing with good parts. Today's hurdle was tackling the fenders, getting the new center stand on and a few other items.

One of the parts I was waiting on was the CL350 center stand to get done with the powdercoater. Since I'm using the CL pipes, my CB center stand would come crashing into the swingarm or into the chain. The CL has a nice little stopper attached to it, and also has a slightly smaller foot lever part that doesn't stick out so far.

Also got the brake light mounted. A rivnut puller is one of my most favorite tools. Put three rivnuts into the fender so I don't have to worry about trying to mount nuts blindly under the fender any time I want to remove the tail light. I'm also able to use the stock holes for the wiring and the wiring channel too.

I also blocked out what I wanted to chop from my fenders, chopped them, and then undercoated them too. I'm waiting for them to dry overnight and will mount them up tomorrow!

Offline Rimmy

Starting to look like a motorcycle again....