www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 1970's CB550 custom - Lazarus  (Read 3582 times)

Offline dwysywd

1970's CB550 custom - Lazarus
« Reply #70 on: Mar 27, 2019, 09:13:51 »
I got over 200,000 out of my Dodge before I sold it. The issue with the transmissions is the design. The basic design has not changed since Dodge had push button shifting. As such, the transmission does not circulate fluid when in Park. If you are inclined to set with the motor running in Park while shooting the breeze with your buddy it's not a good idea. I got this information directly from a Dodge engineer when I asked him about the overwhelming recurrence of transmission failures for these vehicles. Replacing the shift solenoid and pressure transducer is a good idea. I replaced mine twice in 200,000 miles, the first time at around 100,000 when the truck would violently down shift when you took your foot off the gas. The second time was a "just in case" when I got close to 200,000 miles. There are a couple of other sensors that link the transmission, rear end and computer that may give you fits in the future. If so, go to just about any Dodge forum and you'll get the information you need. That is a good looking truck and I tell everyone that my Dodge was the best riding/driving truck I've ever owned.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I heard that if I swap out the valve body it fixes the cooling issue. So Im looking into that too. Not sure thats something I can do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2019, 17:09:09 by dwysywd »

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: 1970's CB550 custom - Lazarus
« Reply #71 on: Mar 29, 2019, 19:46:18 »
Swapping solenoid operated valve block isn't too muchof a chore, just make sure to get the cable connectors back on the correct plugs. It costs around $120.00 for a dealer to do the plug swap  :'(
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline dwysywd

« Reply #72 on: Mar 30, 2019, 01:24:25 »
Swapping solenoid operated valve block isn't too muchof a chore, just make sure to get the cable connectors back on the correct plugs. It costs around $120.00 for a dealer to do the plug swap  :'(
So this comes with a factory plug grafted onto it.

Offline dwysywd

« Reply #73 on: Mar 31, 2019, 12:35:32 »
So I got the fuel rail swapped out on my truck. And now no more fuel leak!

Offline dwysywd

« Reply #74 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:48:29 »
Got a few more parts in this week. But been busy putting cabinets up in my garage. I have 3 more to put up. 6 in total. They take about 15 min to assemble. This had to be done so I can park the Megacab in the garage. Everyone has been a critic saying, why do you need to park in the garage so bad? LoL. Seriously? Because I can! I made the garage just big enough to be able to park this truck in it or Ford Superduty 8 crew cab. So now that I have a MC that will be my DD, I want to park in the garage. Tonight is designated day to finish hanging the remaining 3 cabinets on the wifes side where she parks. My goal is to clean up the messy look a little bit by putting anything in the garage away, in a cabinet.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2019, 07:57:14 by dwysywd »

Offline dwysywd

« Reply #75 on: Apr 26, 2019, 01:04:49 »
Almost done with the garage retro-fit of cabinets. And almost completed my truck repairs if all goes well Im back on working on the bike next week.

Sent from my iPhone using a facsimile machine.

Offline dwysywd

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2019, 13:22:16 »
Well, I got the garage finished and now my "new to me" 2006 Dodge Ram Megacab took another turn for the worse. Its like it has a mind of its own and just when I want to start back on my projects, this truck creeps back in with issues! LOL.

This time the starter bolts backed themselves out. If that wasn't bad enough, it flexed when I tried to start it and broke off one of the mounting tab ears and then cracked the transmission adapter housing!
The ear can be repaired so I have to take the brand new starter off to have the mounting ear welded back on. My buddy offered to fix. And then drive the truck to his house and put the damn thing on a hoist for him to fix the adapter plate mounting hole that was cracked. What a PITA!!!

So, it looks like it might be a few weeks before the truck is back on the road. I figured I would use the time to clean the barn up. I have tools and projects everywhere!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 13:50:43 by dwysywd »