Author Topic: Inherited Grandpas old bike  (Read 960 times)

Offline gordo2472003

  • Posts: 151
Inherited Grandpas old bike
« on: Oct 12, 2015, 15:39:20 »
Grandfather died in 2001. His bike had been sitting already for 6 yeas as the tags read 96. I just picked up the bike and california title from my grandmother and I'm wondering what would be the easiest route to take to register this bike. Im not too sure of the process regarding, lost titles, back fees, family transfers or whatever this may be considered. Obviously he wasnt able to sign it over to me so i have a clean, unsigned california title. Any suggestions? What is the path of least resistance from here?

Online J-Rod10

  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3461
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: Inherited Grandpas old bike
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2015, 22:38:22 »
Get a bill of sale from your grandmother. Have her put $100 or something on it. Get a copy of the death certificate, go to DMV.