Blood Sweat Tears and Grease > Legal & Regulatory

How to Title a Bike the Right Way

(1/6) > >>

HiroProtagonist:
Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know that I followed these instructions and it worked like a dream.  Within 20 days I was riding legally in Washington state for $70.  Saved me about $200 and a 6-8 week wait for an inspection - one that I probably would not have passed considering my blinkers are not currently wired up!

http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04/get-a-title-with-a-vermont-registration/

lmarshall:
Did the same with my CB750 last year when my brother couldn't find the paperwork on the bike after it had been in his storage unit for 3 years. Worked like a charm in Florida.

HiroProtagonist:
Awesome!  It was terrifying sending it off - particularly as there aren't any recent examples of people saying it worked!

hdscarbro:
I've used a the "Vermont registration" technique a couple of times to get old bikes titled and back on the road in Massachusetts. For bikes of the right age, it's a great money saving bureaucratic bypass. In Massachusetts, if you don't have a previous registration or title, you're pretty much SOL.

Mydlyfkryzis:
The only problem with buying and untitled bike is if it is a stolen bike......Then those plans go awry. 

Make sure the bike you are buying is not stolen.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version