www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Dominator Scrambler Supermoto-ish thing  (Read 13600 times)

Offline goos

Re: Dominator Scrambler Supermoto-ish thing
« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2016, 14:04:13 »
In the process of adapting a a CRF rear hub onto my 89 NX650 that had drum brakes.

Do you have pictures that show what type of spacers you have for the original axle to fit? Was the axle spacer inside the hub a part that can be bought as you mentioned its how talon does their fittings?

Offline Eleganten

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2016, 20:03:14 »
From one design student to another, this is awesome work! Started a full conversion on my sr500 last year. A lot done but more stuff needs to be sorted. You seem to have the worst stuff sorted thou. Why not make your own tank dummy and covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ThomPa

« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2016, 11:53:47 »
Looking good! Vincent posted a link to your topic on mf, you also study in Delft? I just picked up my domi yesterday, making plans now for a redesign.

No I study in Den Haag ;) Make sure to make a build thread!

From one design student to another, this is awesome work! Started a full conversion on my sr500 last year. A lot done but more stuff needs to be sorted. You seem to have the worst stuff sorted thou. Why not make your own tank dummy and covers?

Thanks! I did think about that but I decided that for now I would keep it simpler by just buying a tank. Maybe on the next build! making my own carbon fenders is on the list though.

In the process of adapting a a CRF rear hub onto my 89 NX650 that had drum brakes.

Do you have pictures that show what type of spacers you have for the original axle to fit? Was the axle spacer inside the hub a part that can be bought as you mentioned its how talon does their fittings?

No the spacer inside the hub is a custom part. But not hard to make on a lathe.

Those two parts on the left are the old and new spacers. The left one is the new one.

Offline ThomPa

« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2016, 11:55:49 »
I have bought a silencer. Now I just need to sort out new headers and make it all fit. All the upcoming parts are big ticket items so progress will be a bit slow..

Also had this fuel cap made by my friend Vincent. It uses the underside of the cap that was supplied with the tank.

« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2016, 09:44:21 by ThomPa »

Offline ThomPa

« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2016, 17:53:06 »
Been doing a little side project for school with two classmates. We are making a carbon case for camera gear etc.

It's nice practise for producing the fenders and fork protectors later on.

Offline ThomPa

« Reply #35 on: Jun 27, 2016, 17:28:00 »
As I obviously didn't finish the Domi before the summer started. I've bought this.. Gotta have something to rip around on.

Now off to finishing the Domi!

Offline JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2016, 18:47:40 »
Awesome!  What is it?

I have also been very thankful this summer that I at least have one bike in operation.  It is very common for me to have 2-3 bikes at once with none of them in operation!

Offline ThomPa

« Reply #37 on: Jul 01, 2016, 11:55:03 »
It's a Aprilia Pegaso 650 Strada Factory. Same engine as the Yam XT660X so it should be bullet proof :)

The Domi is currently looking like this:

In comparison with a real Supermoto:

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2017, 18:17:47 by ThomPa »

Offline CaferacerMO

« Reply #38 on: Jul 02, 2016, 12:35:04 »
What tank are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mighty

« Reply #39 on: Jul 04, 2016, 14:45:07 »
Would you share the dimensions on the stem spacers?
Im also trying to adapt a crf450 front end to my nx650. I had thought you made the new stem you designed, but converting to tapered needle bearings and a spacer seems much easier than having my stem cut down or buying the emig stem.

I read you made two spacers, (i assume one top one bottom) how come not just one one on top? This way the extra length of the forks would be subtracted, potentially giving the bike a closer to stock ride height and marginally less rake angle.

Your bike looks awesome! It's been an inspiration for my own build. I wish we got disc rears here in the US.