www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: The Twinstar Project  (Read 14405 times)

Offline grcamna5

Re: The Twinstar Project
« Reply #30 on: Oct 22, 2015, 18:27:56 »
CAL,
I tried to squeeze it into the Small priority flat rate box but it was just a bit to thick;I have a box that measures 6.5"x4x4" that will not be much more and it'll ship Priority.I'll try and post a pic again..
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2015, 18:30:53 by grcamna5 »
Do your Best,no one can take that from you.

Offline CALfeRacer

• Fat man on a little bike
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2015, 19:05:15 »
Sounds good. I'll send you a pm!
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson
Afflicted by BAS: Bike Acquisition Syndrome. There's always room for one more!

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #32 on: Oct 22, 2015, 21:06:45 »
PM received,I'll let you know tomorrow  ;)

Offline CALfeRacer

« Reply #33 on: Oct 22, 2015, 23:41:19 »
We have a roller! I couldn't get one of the fender mount bolts out, I'll drill it out one of these days. For now I figure the three bolts are fine. Motor will go in... Soon? I figure it can go in without the carb or intake manifold on it.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline DohcBikes

• Fuck You.
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2015, 01:22:11 »
Priority padded envelope.
burning bridges sometimes light the most productive paths

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:34:17 »
Priority padded envelope.

Which one would you rather have CAL? the little box w/ stuffing or just slip it in one of those Priority padded envelopes ?

Offline CALfeRacer

« Reply #36 on: Oct 23, 2015, 14:02:56 »

Which one would you rather have CAL? the little box w/ stuffing or just slip it in one of those Priority padded envelopes ?
I'd just say throw it in a padded envelope with some newspaper or something. That way it's priority mail but only $5.95 or so.

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #37 on: Oct 23, 2015, 18:53:57 »
I'd just say throw it in a padded envelope with some newspaper or something. That way it's priority mail but only $5.95 or so.

I checked and the little box w/ plenty of padding inside is the same price($5.95) Priority as the padded envelope;it's also $4.14 first class mail. Which one do you want ?

Offline CALfeRacer

« Reply #38 on: Oct 24, 2015, 21:32:46 »
Got a little bit of work done today. Scrounged up a brake perch to replace the pretty bad stock unit. Chopped the stock mount to setup the single speedometer, removed the idiot light "gauge". Will probably replace with LEDs.

Still need to get new bars, probably super bike or a similar bend. Maybe something slightly taller and enduro-esque.
On that note, I'm not positive where to go with style. Leave it a bit more standard or try for something a bit more enduro/tracker style. Part of it is making it so someone interested in buying it wouldn't be too turned off. Not that I want to sell it immediately, but between this and the Katana I imagine it going first. Here's the side shot I took to play around with mock-ups from here. Most likely just in paint.

Offline Ply318ci

« Reply #39 on: Oct 25, 2015, 00:40:16 »
I think light traker style. Stock foot peg location and superbike/tracker bars. Tracker style seat or thin stock unit and everything else stock. Fun to ride and probably easier to flip later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk