www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget  (Read 52880 times)

Offline Weasel

• 3rd generation rider
Re: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2016, 17:18:02 »
Looking good!

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2016, 18:30:55 »
Looking good!

Thanx weasel.

First build up of the rear end - brakes, sprocket and re-positioned the rear guard now that I have the seat back from the upholsterer. Starting to look more like it.....;)

Reversed the colours due to material shortage....think it turned out nice?

Brakes/hub turned out smart enough.

The tank has been pickling in malt vinegar for a good few days now......think I'll pick up some rattle cans and give it a go later this week.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2016, 13:58:20 »
Minor update - got the tank rattle canned first attempt....needs flatting and another can's worth but looking good enough....still got to decide on the middle colour and decals.

The piss flap works....;)

I'm painting a centre band along the top of the tank from forks to seat and was thinking of solid mid grey or maybe metallic graphite? The grey would match the 300mm long HONDA decals I plan to use along the lower tank edge....however, it was suggested last night I might want to tie into the seat a bit more, so maybe use a colour to, sort of, match the tan leather of the seat? I can think of using a metallic burnt amber/dark orange which might work...even with grey decals as I can have orange/grey/amber subtle pin striping done to tie it all together.

What does the DTT collective think?

Side view.

My favourite bit of the bike....

Just got a three C spanner set come in and preloading the shock. Kempton Park this Saturday and got's me a shopping list:

Headlamp mounts - cast alloy/black or alloy finish?
Side panel number roundels - aluminium
4x way spade fit fuse box
3 & 5mm aluminium plate - for mounting/adapter brackets

.....and any other shit that catches my eye haha!

That's it for now, thanks for dropping by and a special thank you to those who contribute and offer advice and encouragement...cheers chaps.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2016, 17:38:13 »
Yet another cracking day mooching around Kempton Park Motorcycle Jumble today, scored most of what I wanted to find, 3mm T6 alli sheet, tank rubbers, headlight mountssome neat alloy cable ties (for that old skool look) and liquid gasket lube. Also, picked up a bike lift/paddock stand jobbie which lifts on the swing arm for 19 BNIB.

Tank rubbers are too long to go with the HONDA decal...hmmm...do I drop the decal, add the rubbers and a large Honda wing logo or order a slightly shorter decal instead?

Spotted this exceptional bike today in the show hall......a perfect blend of old and new...show of the event IMO. Took a gander at the new Brough SS100....honestly, I don't like it at all....ugly, over designed and just plain irritating design ques.....apparently it sounds good though. Much prefer this NorZook:

Can you spot the new from the old?

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:08 »
Still cleaning, still detailing, still satisfying ;)

Pads or no pads.....I still like the large HONDA decal idea....hmmm??

As I'm struggling to remember how the bike goes back together, having stripped it 2 years ago, I found a CBX at Kempton, so took a few shots of the footrest/suspension/brake areas as a reference....should've done this back then - lesson learned haha!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 17:17:26 by NoRiders »

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2016, 18:22:53 »
Piecing together the footrest/Prolink mounting bolts, from a photo of a CBX at the weekend, and a process of logical elimination ....getting there.

Anyone else forget how it goes together.....how do you recall the sequence?

Offline dualero

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2016, 08:40:12 »
Workshop manual?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2016, 08:48:40 »
Sometimes the parts fiche show the order of bits as well. Nice work it's really coming along.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2016, 12:47:13 »
Workshop manual?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have a Haynes manual which does show some images of the component parts which is some help Dually. I took a few images of another CBX which is also useful....and I'm figuring it out as well  ;D

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2016, 12:48:53 »
Sometimes the parts fiche show the order of bits as well. Nice work it's really coming along.

I don't have one or access to a fische, but do know what you mean, very useful. I'm slowly figuring it out.

Thank you....I'm pleased with the way it's shaping up...details take time I find. Plus the long list of jobs still to do....really must jot something down haha  :-\