www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget  (Read 44984 times)

Offline RatBikeRod

Re: CBX550-Brat/urban scrambler on a budget
« Reply #50 on: Jan 19, 2016, 15:58:00 »
Nice project, love to see builds like this.

...boxes coming in the mail are nice too... ;D

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #51 on: Jan 19, 2016, 18:28:11 »
Thank you Weasel & RBR  :D Compared to some projects on here, mine's a walk in the park....but it's all I have.

More bits arriving, some would say I'm an 'idiot' buying these LEDs  ;)

Pleasantly surprised at how small these turned out to be. As the single speedo doesn't have any lights in it I needed some for the usual things: Ignition, Neutral, Indicators, Main beam so just need to find somewhere to mount them......hmmm..I have a plan.

Oh yeah, Bike Jumble this Saturday looking forward to a proper rummage.....specifically seeking a rear guard in alloy.

https://www.facebook.com/EGPEnterprises/?fref=ts

Thanks for checking in.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2016, 18:30:38 by NoRiders »

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:58:25 »
Thank you Weasel & RBR  :D Compared to some projects on here, mine's a walk in the park....but it's all I have.

More bits arriving, some would say I'm an 'idiot' buying these LEDs  ;)

Pleasantly surprised at how small these turned out to be. As the single speedo doesn't have any lights in it I needed some for the usual things: Ignition, Neutral, Indicators, Main beam so just need to find somewhere to mount them......hmmm..I have a plan.

Oh yeah, Bike Jumble this Saturday looking forward to a proper rummage.....specifically seeking a rear guard in alloy.

https://www.facebook.com/EGPEnterprises/?fref=ts

Thanks for checking in.

As they're LEDs I might have to put a resistor in the ignition line so the alt will recognise it.

Anyone know more on this subject please?

I don't really understand charging/electrics!! I could use a regular bulb inline and stuff it in the headlight bowl, it'll only come on when the key is turned on.

Or..... I could rig up the bulb above the engine so it illuminates it briefly ;)

I got the horn repainted last night at club night, not a huge step forward but every little helps etc...instead of a boring black horn I thought this image would be far more interesting....spot the classic.

Offline kipper

« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2016, 15:43:11 »
Is it the welder ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #54 on: Jan 22, 2016, 16:06:17 »
Is it the welder ?

Winnar  ;D

The rest are duds......the welder is their friend  ;)

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • If it runs ride it if it dont polish it & dream !
« Reply #55 on: Jan 22, 2016, 16:28:16 »
Using same LED's for oil & neutral light on my 550f  just wacked em straight in work fine no problem  ;)
Life's too short to go slow at anything !  unless your re-building ya ride !!

cb350f '72 café racer 
 cb550f '78 Hailwood race rep

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #56 on: Jan 22, 2016, 19:20:31 »
Using same LED's for oil & neutral light on my 550f  just wacked em straight in work fine no problem  ;)

That's good news, thanx yorker.

The ignition light is meant to be the problem one as the LED doesn't offer enough resistance apparently?? I might need an oil light as well...hmmm.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #57 on: Jan 23, 2016, 19:01:46 »
Another good rummage day at Kempton, initial disappointment, the bloke I bought the front guard off of had sold out!!! No worries, another was scored for a tenna which will do very nicely thank you.

It's a bit battered, but has the same lamp as the new one I have and it has a flexi number-plate that takes self-adhesive letters...and it has a reflector and cable grommet as well. It'll need some fettling, but I've offered it up and it'll do, so onward to a scotchbrite finish to both.

The new gaitors are mahoosive compared to the first one's I have, bit too big at both ends as well, despite measuring them?? They might still fit.

The eagle eyed amongst you might notice the orange ducks bill peak.....my silly buy which could find it's way onto an openface in the future.

The stash is on a stainless drip tray, just what I needed to stand the bike on to clean the engine/undercarriage....for a fiver as well :D

Spent some time with my son mooching for parts which was good father/son time, rare these days and very welcome.

All in all another good day and well worth the effort. Miss it and you miss out.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #58 on: Jan 26, 2016, 18:18:40 »
Spent exactly 7 minutes on the rear guard, quick scrub in the sink with a scotchbrite pad and chrome cleaner brought it up a tad. New lamp and rubber plate achieves the look I was hoping for.

Hacked some cardboard into a shape of sorts, bit too big at the moment but trying to cover the airbox......hmmm ,let's call it a work in progress and leave it at that ;)

Notice the gills....I want gills :)

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #59 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:01:57 »
Turned out nice :)

Tapped out the deep gouges on the rear guard, not too bad but not brilliant. Scotchbrite and chrome cleaner came out OK.

I'm keeping the Royal Enfield transfer.