www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: New honda cb 125e  (Read 13519 times)

Offline grcamna5

Re: New honda cb 125e
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2016, 22:58:29 »
funny as hell to see you guys trying to get .34 hp more out of your 10hp engines

on a little bike it doesn't take as much to feel like more  :D
Do your Best,no one can take that from you.

Offline urastus

« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2016, 04:13:37 »
funny as hell to see you guys trying to get .34 hp more out of your 10hp engines

I'm not looking at major mods, just healthy ones :) Lose some unecessary weight (not much), replace with necessary weight (more tools, spare tube, tire levers etc), get rid of the athsma and constipation. Oh, chain oiler (have to clean and oil chain every 40 - 70km on dirt roads right now), screen (cruises easier), handle bars (the originals are for little people).

I'd really like to beef up the suspension too. Well, the front is no longer bottoming out because I installed some spacers, but I'm still using up all the rear.

These are the sort of things I'd probably do to any new bike to make it suit me.

I must admit, it is so simple and inexpensive that I find it easy to play with. I still have an intake system and tuning software to use on the ktm from two years ago.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016, 04:17:03 by urastus »

Offline urastus

« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2016, 04:20:34 »
Typically the short stroke(49.5mm?)engines don't have that much midrange or low end power but Do need to be 'wrung out' to give you their performance.

Oh dear, I have to learn to abuse my little bike :)

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2016, 11:13:27 »
Oh dear, I have to learn to abuse my little bike :)

They're made for high revs & thrive on it  :D

Offline urastus

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2016, 22:05:25 »
I spent a couple of hours trying to find a location for the oiler. I've read that this was the hardest part of the install.

I also checked out the air filter - after 150 km or more of dusty roads it looks clean. And after all my reading on pods and cv carbs, it looks as though it has a plastic velocity stack inside the air box going to the carb :) The filter filters the air going into the box; other bikes I've had the air filter was inside the box. This rules out my plan to use the drz foam filter. But I should be easily able to make my own foam filter - remove the paper filter from its plastic frame when it needs replacing, replace with suitable oiled piece of foam.

I'll post some pictures later to make it more understandable.

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2016, 01:05:46 »
I spent a couple of hours trying to find a location for the oiler. I've read that this was the hardest part of the install.

I also checked out the air filter - after 150 km or more of dusty roads it looks clean. And after all my reading on pods and cv carbs, it looks as though it has a plastic velocity stack inside the air box going to the carb :) The filter filters the air going into the box; other bikes I've had the air filter was inside the box. This rules out my plan to use the drz foam filter. But I should be easily able to make my own foam filter - remove the paper filter from its plastic frame when it needs replacing, replace with suitable oiled piece of foam.

I'll post some pictures later to make it more understandable.

That sounds like a very good plan,foam will breathe better than paper.

Offline urastus

« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:58:05 »
Some photos. I thought I'd post this one. I don't know if this is a widely used idea. I started using these air mattress pumps for the mountain bikes; great for blasting out dust from the brake calipers, derailers etc. I often use it when I'm too lazy to hook the hose up to the compressor. Judging from my compressor and the air gun on it, I think this mattress pump is somewhere between 60 - 80 psi coming out of the nozzle. You only need one hand and two feet to pump it, that leaves a hand to direct the air. I've had to glue the hose both ends.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016, 07:18:43 by urastus »

Offline urastus

« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:59:23 »
The velocity stack in the air filter box?

Offline urastus

« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:02:30 »
The air filter. There is a lip on top that will be good to hold the new foam filter in. The bottom of the filter sits on top of the flame screen or whatever it is.

Offline urastus

« Reply #29 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:05:27 »
The top of the filter box. At this point the plan is to cut out the top of this leaving the outer 1cm or so that holds down and seals the filter to the filter box.