www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: New honda cb 125e  (Read 15383 times)

Offline urastus

Re: New honda cb 125e
« Reply #40 on: Mar 05, 2016, 22:37:15 »
The oiler setup. I did this last weekend before all the dirt roads. It has held up and worked well with all the rough riding (corrugations, ruts, rocks etc).

The bottle is mounted on the right pillion peg mount. I removed the pillion pegs weeks ago, I had to leave the right mount because the exhaust also hangs off this. It was good to find another use for it.

I researched oilers before getting this one. I am happy to recommend it for people who ride in the dirt or on wet roads or people who clock up the miles. I wouldn't put one on my ktm; it stays on road and I only clean and oil the chain every 400km.

I still wipe the chain and rear sprocket clean after a dirt road ride (rag and kerosene), but no longer oil it. Oiling the chain used to take me about 30min (small drop between plates on both sides, one drop on side of roller to seep inside roller).

I've gone with the single nozzle setup recommended for off road riders. After reading lots of reviews on different oilers I found many people discovered that one nozzle was as effective as two nozzles (with two nozzles there is a nozzle either side of the rear sprocket). Dual nozzles are harder to set up and maintain, also, for some reason, sometimes the inside nozzle gets chewed up by chain and sprocket.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2016, 23:02:42 by urastus »

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #41 on: Mar 06, 2016, 01:14:44 »
That oiler seems like a good idea.
Do your Best,no one can take that from you.

Offline urastus

« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2016, 01:45:38 »
I'm not particularly fond of working on carburettors. I spent half the day fitting the sigma kit. The supplied picture in the instructions was atrocious, but I figured out I must have the wrong kit. I went ahead and fitted it anyway hoping I was wrong - I wasn't. Now the bike just idles; it dies when i try to ride it.

It probably looks obvious to everyone else :'(

8th March - sent an email to sigma with pictures, got a reply today that a new kit is on the way. I hope it is the right one this time :)
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2016, 02:25:04 by urastus »

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2016, 02:12:55 »
Did the kit give you a new jet needle? The needle makes a difference but the jets.,you can install your own choice of oem Honda size number jets and just get a special adjustable clip needle itself;getting the right configured 'jet kit' needle is a challenge,you can also use a small washer/shim under your stock needle and stay w/ the stock(or one or two size increment larger main jets)pilot jet,etc.

Offline DohcBikes

• Fuck You.
« Reply #44 on: Mar 06, 2016, 02:40:25 »
engine swap
burning bridges sometimes light the most productive paths

Offline urastus

« Reply #45 on: Mar 06, 2016, 04:32:31 »
Thanks for the wisdom dohc :)

I've destroyed my bike :( I removed the jet kit, installed original stuff and it still only idles. As soon as I try to give it some throttle it dies. I've done something wrong.

Yeah, thanks grcamna5. I don't have the knowledge and thought if sigma have done the research that is what I'm paying for. I didn't want to pull the carby off more than once - every time it comes off must take a toll on seals, threads etc. Even with the kit I've stuffed up.

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #46 on: Mar 06, 2016, 11:26:48 »
After a week of dirt I gave the bike a wash and went for a ride with Gail along the Huon river.

I told Gail she looks like Darth Vader from the Space Balls film.

lol  :D

Offline urastus

« Reply #47 on: Mar 08, 2016, 02:30:24 »
Did the kit give you a new jet needle? The needle makes a difference but the jets.,you can install your own choice of oem Honda size number jets and just get a special adjustable clip needle itself;getting the right configured 'jet kit' needle is a challenge,you can also use a small washer/shim under your stock needle and stay w/ the stock(or one or two size increment larger main jets)pilot jet,etc.

By jet needle do you mean the long needle that hangs off the bottom of the slide and diaphragm? No, didn't get one of those. There are some washers in the kit with instructions to put 3 under the needle (lifting it up). Other (optional) instructions which I was unsure of following were to drill another hole in the bottom of the slide and to clip the spring (make it shorter). Do you have any advice on this?

Offline grcamna5

« Reply #48 on: Mar 08, 2016, 08:49:43 »

By jet needle do you mean the long needle that hangs off the bottom of the slide and diaphragm? No, didn't get one of those. There are some washers in the kit with instructions to put 3 under the needle (lifting it up). Other (optional) instructions which I was unsure of following were to drill another hole in the bottom of the slide and to clip the spring (make it shorter). Do you have any advice on this?

I would put a washer(not more than 2)under the needle clip but not clip the spring or drill the slide yet..;I really think they should have given you a new,better configured needle.Does anyone else make kits for your bike? possibly find another kit and return the one you have there.

Offline urastus

« Reply #49 on: Mar 09, 2016, 05:19:02 »
I would put a washer(not more than 2)under the needle clip but not clip the spring or drill the slide yet..;I really think they should have given you a new,better configured needle.Does anyone else make kits for your bike? possibly find another kit and return the one you have there.

Yeah, thanks for that. I wasn't going to drill and clip, as you suggested. I looked up dynojet just now - much better kits (needle with e clip) and great instructions with photos of the correct carb. They don't have a kit for my bike. They do have one for the honda cbr 125r, but the carb looks different.

I'll persist with the sigma one