1975 Suzuki GT550 two stroke with Roc City bodywork

jaybob

Thought I would post a picture of the beginning of my GT550 project with Sean's Roc City seat base and fender. I just want to say that Sean builds really nice stuff that is well worth the money.

Many mods planned but this is the way she starts and will be a little while til the temperature gets warm enough in the garage to do some serious surgery.

gt550right.jpg

gt550left.jpg

i F'n LOVE the way that motor looks!!!! did you get the seat upulstered or did he do that as well? it looks really nice!

I got the seat pan and upholstery through Roc City also. Sean has a guy doing his pads and covers. I've got lots more goodies coming soon, a set of reservoir Marzocchi shocks and a new set of expansion chambers. I've got a bench covered with parts but it's just too dang cold right now............soon.

I am still trying to decide whether to attach the seat base to the original seat pan or whether to attach it to the frame. So no I have not cut any tabs yet.

I need the seat to be easily removeable since the 2 stroke oil reservoir is under the seat.

jaybob said:
I got the seat pan and upholstery through Roc City also. Sean has a guy doing his pads and covers. I've got lots more goodies coming soon, a set of reservoir Marzocchi shocks and a new set of expansion chambers. I've got a bench covered with parts but it's just too dang cold right now............soon.

Get yourself a cheap propane heater. The tank on mine has lasted through 2 bike builds in the dead of winter. Un-insulated attached garage, but that little beast keeps her warm and toasty.

Should be a cool project :)

I like the look of that seat, is that a specific style that he sells? I know he sells different sizes for various bikes. I am seeking a seat setup. Keep the pics coming....

Cretin, That is the Round Stop seat base w/smooth upholstered pad at this link: http://www.roccitycafe.com/cbrs.htm

Matt, I got propane heater but my garage space is too big for it and for some reason it is not working right. The darn thing will not stay lit.

bhppy, Very nice job, That is what I am striving for with a few minor differences.

That cafe suzook looks great. I know of a minty 550 that is for sale nearby. I'm still not sure how practical owning a vintage two stroke would be. Maybe you could fill me in on what it is like to run one of these things.

If it sounds positive, I might have to break down and talk to this guy.

What's not practical? They have oil injection with a tank which means no mixing gas and the oil tank lasts around 5 tankfuls of gas. The 550 is dead reliable, has been known to go 40000+ without a rebuild. The 550 has nice torque for a 2 stroke, has 53hp for some get up and go, has a sweet sound when singing, has a nice riding position. Not many people have a 2 strok triple these days. If you don't want it send me the info.

Here you can read all of the old magazine reviews

http://www.3cyl.com/~mraxl/gt/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom