www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero  (Read 63766 times)

Offline Nebr_Rex

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero
« Reply #140 on: Jun 22, 2016, 22:38:41 »
The Raptor piston looks interesting. Would probably need to be resleeved and a head gasket, maybe copper.
I'll check with the local cycle shop, they work on most of the quads around here.
Another option is to go to a plated cylinder. Might not be able to go much over the stock sleeve diameter.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #141 on: Jun 23, 2016, 00:06:21 »
8mm over to 904cc sounds wild.  I like the idea but I also read a few things about taking these motors too far.  Something about the balancers, etc.   I'll try to dig up the thread references.  They were from older stuff on kzrider and somewhere else.  I'll give Megacycle a call and see what they say about the cams and what they might have tested with them.  I like where all this is going.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #142 on: Jun 23, 2016, 00:09:51 »
Another option is to go to a plated cylinder. Might not be able to go much over the stock sleeve diameter.

Are you talking Nikasil plating?

Offline Nebr_Rex

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #143 on: Jun 23, 2016, 00:47:37 »
Are you talking Nikasil plating?

Yes.

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #144 on: Jun 23, 2016, 00:55:09 »
I was wondering when the balancer issue might pop up. It will be interesting to find what you read. This stuff all sounds amazing.  Nikasil is spendy :)

Online doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
« Reply #145 on: Jun 23, 2016, 05:49:25 »
8mm over to 904cc sounds wild.  I like the idea but I also read a few things about taking these motors too far.  Something about the balancers, etc.   I'll try to dig up the thread references.  They were from older stuff on kzrider and somewhere else.  I'll give Megacycle a call and see what they say about the cams and what they might have tested with them.  I like where all this is going.

If you find anything about the balancer having issues I'd be keen to see it. I have read some vague mentions of that, but I have never seen a someone with an issue yet. A guy over on the lonesome-twin site is putting in a big bore kit and his pistons/pins weigh the same as stock. You can also run without the balancer, but you would want to get the crank balanced for sure then.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2016, 06:06:13 by doc_rot »

Offline Joon-yah

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Joon-yah
« Reply #146 on: Jun 23, 2016, 12:00:46 »
I'm a lil late to the party,lol. Dig the direction you're going with it.
Cm400/cb450 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45376.0                                                  SR500 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43591.0                                                     http://retromoto1.com/

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #147 on: Jun 23, 2016, 16:21:36 »
I'm a lil late to the party,lol. Dig the direction you're going with it.

Right on JoonYAH! 

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #148 on: Jun 23, 2016, 21:38:34 »

I called Megacycle today.  I talked to a very nice knowledgeable lady.  She knew a fair bit.  They can make new ones for the KZ 750 twin for 425$ per pair including your core.  About 8-10 days turn around.  The profiles they recommend are different than what you find on their website.  I'll have to call back to get better info on that, we got cut off for some reason and it was nearing their closing time.  It sounded like they have some race knowledge with the cam profiles for the bike.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #149 on: Jul 01, 2016, 22:46:21 »
Good looking little scoot stock.