www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!  (Read 53799 times)

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
Re: Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 23, 2016, 14:16:38 »
That looks so much better, I was wondering how you were planning on not sliding off the back.

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #91 on: Mar 23, 2016, 14:55:42 »

That looks so much better, I was wondering how you were planning on not sliding off the back.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm making it up as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!
« Reply #92 on: Mar 23, 2016, 15:01:51 »
Modified the kick stand today as well. Added a "don't sink in the mud" foot and cut, heated, bent, and re-welded the stock bracket to keep it from wanting to fall on the ground when it's leaned over. Really showed how much suspension I gave the old girl the way she was leaning.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2016, 23:53:54 by Kanticoy »
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
« Reply #93 on: Mar 23, 2016, 15:48:31 »
I too was wondering about the seat, but looks like you got it figured out.

Looks still like the front might need to go down an inch or so or up in the rear?

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #94 on: Mar 23, 2016, 15:53:21 »

I too was wondering about the seat, but looks like you got it figured out.

Looks still like the front might need to go down an inch or so or up in the rear?

Won't really know until I have weight on the bike as it'll be sitting. The rake and trail is about perfect though as is the wheelbase, so I think it's gonna be just about perfect.

'

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!
« Reply #95 on: Mar 23, 2016, 23:00:04 »
More shiznit.

Some stuff I forgot to take pictures of but it was boring. Gusseted the subframe and welded in a tab for the rear brake reservoir. Picked up a headlight for $2 off of eBay off of an FT500 Ascot. I chose this because it's metal, heavy duty, takes an H4 bulb and will be pretty easy to build a stone guard for. Also the shape goes along with the random bikini fairing I picked up. Should do well giving you something to duck behind. Headlight bucket was beat, chrome flaking off, pitting, all of the goodies, so into the blast cabinet it went and then cleaned and coated with a coat of wrinkle black paint and baked on. Scratched my head for a minute about mounting and what I came up with is hilarious to me. I used a stock CB360 headlight bracket and modified it to fit the FT bucket, then added a plate to the bottom that will mount to the RMZ lower triple. I love frankensteining!

Bikini fairing:

Also scored a set of Wolfman tank panniers for $20 second hand:

'

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #96 on: Mar 23, 2016, 23:35:17 »
Yessir.  Awesome.  You do realize, however, that putting a 360 part on there just insures you will have mechanical issues right after E's Elsinore kills itself?

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #97 on: Mar 23, 2016, 23:50:29 »

Yessir.  Awesome.  You do realize, however, that putting a 360 part on there just insures you will have mechanical issues right after E's Elsinore kills itself?

That's true. The headlight is probably gonna fall off, explode, and we will use the scraps to fix holes in E's engine so it's a win win really...

'

Offline Hurco550

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Keep er' Between the ditches
« Reply #98 on: Mar 24, 2016, 00:51:16 »
That's true. The headlight is probably gonna fall off, explode, and we will use the scraps to fix holes in E's engine so it's a win win really...

Always an optimist.
"If you want safety and sanity don't mess around with choppers to begin with and don't come crying to me for recommending something that broke down the line. You're going to be the "builder" so use your own judgment and build to you own personal levels of safety and sanity." - Chopper Handbook
1988 tw200, the swamp donkey: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=75455.0
1975 RD350 Road Racer: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70652.msg833688#msg833688
1976 GT250 Rebuild: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64973.new#new
Full Custom Pit Bike: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66954.new#new
"much ingenuity with a little money is more profitable and amusing than much money without ingenuity" - Arnold Bennet

Offline Mr.E

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Got to keep the loonies on the path...
« Reply #99 on: Mar 24, 2016, 09:44:01 »

Eric you better put two sets of passenger pegs on your bike then.