www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Yamaha SR250 Power and Temperature Testing  (Read 22087 times)

Offline JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
Re: Yamaha SR250 Power and Temperature Testing
« Reply #110 on: Aug 19, 2017, 14:39:36 »
More process photos.  Not the whole shabang, but the interesting ones anyway.

Offline Joie C

« Reply #111 on: Aug 26, 2017, 13:37:32 »
Hello from across the pond! I was given an sr250 a few weeks ago so I've been studying your research and many posts on this site like crazy. Love it all so far. I thought I might mention some of my experience with innovate afr gauges. I noticed you were using an innovate gauge versus their competitor AEM. We constantly have problems with innovate gauges reading as much as two afr points off here in the U.S. Most people I know including myself use the AEM gauge and many people with much more experience have recommended it. I only mention this because your research is so science based that id hate for you to waste too much time and money only to find your gauge is faulty. Please keep up the good work! Im watching your work like a hawk while I tinker with my new bike.

Thanks
-Joie C
1980 Sr250
2000 Sv650
2004 Honda 599(Sold)

Offline JadusMotorcycleParts

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Jadus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #112 on: Aug 31, 2017, 17:31:56 »
Hey man, cool you got yourself an SR!  Hope you have fun with the project.

Thanks for the tip on the AEM gauge. All the findings I have made on the road have then been backed up on the dyno as well, so the jetting settings are still optimal.  I use the gauge more to skip the guess work of listening and feeling and to get in the ball park.  But the thing is, every engine likes different AF ratios anyway.  So even if I was shooting for 13s for best power, there might be more power at a certain rpm range in the 12s or the 14s!!!  That you don't know out on the road.  That needs to be qualified with a dyno run/pull  ;)

Cheers,
Jake