www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build  (Read 10661 times)

Online advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
Re: Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build
« Reply #30 on: Jul 22, 2016, 12:49:24 »
You won't get a title. All you get is a registration and plate. I sent mine certified mail with a return receipt so I knew when they got it. Not sure when they cashed the check but the first time they sent it back to me within a week when I had the wrong payment. They are pretty quick about it so you'll either get a plate back or an envelope with all your paperwork and a note telling you that something needs to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline CaferacerMO

« Reply #31 on: Jul 22, 2016, 12:59:57 »
You won't get a title. All you get is a registration and plate. I sent mine certified mail with a return receipt so I knew when they got it. Not sure when they cashed the check but the first time they sent it back to me within a week when I had the wrong payment. They are pretty quick about it so you'll either get a plate back or an envelope with all your paperwork and a note telling you that something needs to be changed.

Did your DMV give you a hard time whenever you took in that registration that they gave you and told you you wanted to transfer it to your states and recieve a title?
That's the part I'm a little shaky on.
Seems too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
« Reply #32 on: Jul 22, 2016, 13:08:02 »
I am just gonna run it on VT plates until someone gives me shit for it. I haven't gotten that far, the bikes not together yet

Offline CaferacerMO

« Reply #33 on: Jul 22, 2016, 13:10:22 »
I am just gonna run it on VT plates until someone gives me shit for it. I haven't gotten that far, the bikes not together yet
That's fair.
Whenever I get everything back I'll let you know what I run into when trying to get it transferred that way you will know what to do!
I just want to get a title back as soon as possible, otherwise yeah I'll just enjoy riding on the Vermont plates for a year!

Online advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
« Reply #34 on: Jul 22, 2016, 13:14:55 »
I'm sure it varies from state to state how easily they will let you transfer plates. I was just going to say I had transferred the VT reg when I bought it. Since VT is a no title state there should really be no issue transferring the reg since you already have a registration for the bike in your name. I still don't think you will ever get a title even if you transfer to a title state, but I could be wrong. Keep us posted

Offline CaferacerMO

Suzuki TS185 Left Turn Build
« Reply #35 on: Jul 22, 2016, 19:13:14 »
Well, bad news, I slapped on my conversion bearings only to find out its just maybe 1/4th of an inch too short on the stem.
I'm so stinking close to being able to thread on the nut over the top bearing but not quite..
Suggestions?
Am I going to have to lengthen the stem?

The top nut torques on fine..

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016, 19:22:18 by CaferacerMO »

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #36 on: Jul 22, 2016, 19:59:20 »
Is it a Steele stem? If yes cut it and extend it with a moly sleeve and chunk, your never doing the ton onit

"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline CaferacerMO

« Reply #37 on: Jul 22, 2016, 23:25:37 »
Is it a Steele stem? If yes cut it and extend it with a moly sleeve and chunk, your never doing the ton onit

I'm honestly unsure..
It's off a 2004 YZ85, I know you said you had a few, do you know?

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #38 on: Jul 22, 2016, 23:48:05 »
Put a magnet on the bottom where the stem is pressed in or I will tomorrow. Even if it is aluminum, you can press it out and have the stop turned off and a new stop welded on the bottom. I'll explain if it's not steel but I'm fairly sure it is.
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline CaferacerMO

« Reply #39 on: Jul 23, 2016, 01:32:35 »
Put a magnet on the bottom where the stem is pressed in or I will tomorrow. Even if it is aluminum, you can press it out and have the stop turned off and a new stop welded on the bottom. I'll explain if it's not steel but I'm fairly sure it is.
I'll give it a look tomorrow!
Thanks tune.