Drooz Dirty Ninja

Drewski

"Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished!
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I had to re-name this thread. Everyone else had a cool title, so I tried. ::)

Well, I've begun a project of a different kind. :) A little bit of a departure for me. ;)

We started with this:

Don't be fooled... it's been a little beaten up. :) Some of the plastic was crunched and the engine cases were damaged as was the exhaust down pipe on the right side. :(

So...

off comes the body work.

The plan is to replace the 2005 Ninja duds with some 70's and 80's togs.

Not a half bad idea, but the finished result wasn't exactly what I had in mind. The tail looked like I'd mounted a 'bread box' back there. :p I think it's just too big for this application. :(

The GPz fairing was exactly what I wanted however, so that stays!

I also lucked into a little 'bling'. Brand new Ohlins shock and spring with remote adjustment. 8) Oh ya. The orange paint on the wheels had to go to. Black powder does the trick! :)

Welded up the top triple clamp for some bar risers and drag bars.

Rear-sets.

Custom exhaust.

So, to get it on the road, we sprayed some gloss black on it and went for a ride. :D

It runs great and the pipe really howls! ::) I'm quite pleased with everything except the tail, so...

we're already on to Phase II! ;D

A new seat and (to accommodate the smaller seat) a new sub-frame! 8)

Some other details will be completed as well, such as matching levers, new fuel cap and some Kawi Green paint. :D
You'll have to check back in for those changes. That's it for today. 8)

Re: Ninja?

Thanks Guys! :)

This thing is truly a hoot to ride! ;D Those of you who ride 1,000 cc sportbikes already know that!! Tons of power and handles like nothing I've ever owned before! 8) I haven't been anywhere near the upper limits of what this bike will do, I value my license too much. However, it's a riot to wick it up to 80 - 90 mph in the blink of an eye! ;D

The other fun part is messing with people who try to figure out what the %$#@ it is! :D Once the Phase II mods are completed, it'll look much more 'factory' with the 'Kawasaki Green' paint on the fairing, tank and seat. :eek: The fun never ends! ;D

I'll try to get more pics in the next few days, but I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks after that. Hopefully the paint will be done while I'm away. :)

Later! :)

I decided that in the interest of saving space (and a little weight), we're going to use a lithium ion battery. Those things are a little pricey, but I think it's the way to go here. :) Gonna see if we can fit it under the tail. 8)

I'll hope to have a couple of pics for you in a day or 2. :D

Well, it's been more than a few days, but I finally have some progress and pics to share. :D

The sub frame and upper triple clamp have been powder coated. The plan was to come close to the frame colour and sheen, flat or egg shell black. It's a pretty close match. I'm happy. :)

You can make out the Antigravity lithium ion battery that will sit under the new tail. I'll try to get a closer pic. Also, what you can't see is the really smooth shroud that my man pounded out of aluminum that fit's between the tank and the seat. It's black to match the frame as well. It turned out great! Pics to follow. ;D

So, I'm just waiting on the 'tins' which are still at the painter's shop. We hoped they'd be done in time for the weekend, but alas, it's not to be! :p Oh well, summer isn't over yet! :) Hopefully we'll be on the road by the middle of next week. 8)

Still waiting for the painter...

Soooo bored. ???

1fasgsxr said:
Love it !! These machines are why its so hard for me to ride older stuff very aggressive :eek:

It's true, these things are pretty easy to rip on. :D I love the razor sharp handling and the nearly limitless power. It's pretty intoxicating! ;D The only thing is, the limit's of these things take you so far beyond the 'legal limits' that they're pretty tough on the licence. ::) I still love pushing 'classics' towards their limits. It's a little easier on the wallet too! ;D

JustinLonghorn said:
Righteous.

;D

I am surprised how much I like that tail. Not my normal favorite era of styling but looks great on your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Rusnak_322 said:
I am surprised how much I like that tail. Not my normal favorite era of styling but looks great on your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Thanks! I think it's turning out pretty good. :)

I've always been a 'race bike' fan. Even though I'm a Kawi Guy, the 'OW31' TZ750 has been one of my favourites since it began crushing the competition 'right off the hop'. 8) I've never had an appropriate project to use that tail on and figured I was running out of time and project options. ::)

There's not much room there for me to slide in there. :eek: I guess I'd better go on a diet. :D

There was a method to selecting the paint colour. My brother, Seaglider, replaced the front end on his 2002 zxr1200 with a zx14 unit. The fender wasn't a match, paint-wise, so we set out to find a competent painter who didn't require us to mortgage the farm to get it done. We finally found one:

Original zrx fender on the right and match on the left. ;)

Got the Ninja home. :)

Need to do some work on my seat pad. ;) ;D

No reason why the little room I have shouldn't be as comfortable as I can make it! 8)

That original zrx fender would look pretty slick on your zx10r with that front fairing that you have... Just a thought. :)

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom