www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CJ360T/XR600R, Possibly Monoshock "RoadRunner"  (Read 512 times)

Offline RoadRunner

Re: CJ360T/XR600R, Possibly Monoshock "RoadRunner"
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2019, 21:26:48 »
Here's my linkage mount.  Something similar, but pointing up instead of down would probably work for the linkage you have.
Thank you!

Is that just two mounts welded onto that bar or did you do any reinforcements?

Also do you happen to have a picture of your upper shock mount?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Rat_ranger

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2019, 23:10:58 »
It is 2 tabs welded on, with a gusset running across the front edge and angled down to the frame.  This makes sure they can't fold to the side while giving extra support vertically as well. You can see my upper mount in post 3. 

Offline brad black

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:26:03 »
this guy starts doing a "shock between swingarm and frame" job about page 21.  i start upsetting him on page 24 i think.  jpmobius gives lots of good info.  it's all geometry really.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44804.0

ktm do it on some of their dirt bikes.  search ktm pds vs linkage.  if you look at their shock, it's not vertical.  read karloss's thread for why not to make it vertical (depending on lower mount point).

the original swingarm is not strong enough.  if you cross section the original and the xr600 arm the xr600 will be stronger.  some arms taper larger in cross section the closer they get to the shock/linkage mount from the axle, due to the greater bending moment as you get closer to that point.

rat ranger's set up is what you need.  little brackets welded on with bracing.  pay attention to replicating the xr locations.  maybe find out what the xr linkage does through the travel, it might get very progressive toward the short end.  you might be better off with a road bike rear - maybe midsize 80's or 90's model - cb or vfr or the like.

remove the spring from the shock, and then you'll be able to work out what sort of shock length and travel you want.  depends how much you want to spend, but getting someone to do a shock for you will really make the final result.