www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Benelli Bayonet Tank questions  (Read 666 times)

Offline 72350F

Benelli Bayonet Tank questions
« on: Dec 06, 2016, 13:04:45 »
Hey guys,

I got a Benelli glass tank from DCC, and it came with some instructions but i have some questions i was hoping y'all could help with.

1. it says to make straps to hold the tank down, but also says not to drill into the flange? how do you attach the straps?
2. what about the fuel lines running across the hot motor  is this a safety risk? do i need to get special fuel line?

thanks in advacne

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Benelli Bayonet Tank questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2016, 13:25:13 »
As far as mounting, you have a couple options. You can weld some type of flange to the frame that the tank will sit on and fab up a strap like the old dunstall racers used. Or you can glass in mounting points on the tank itself. Either way, it's no small job. One thing I can say for sure is that you'll want to use some kind of foam rubber or similar material between the tank and frame to reduce vibration and make sure said vibration doesn't allow the frame tor rub through the glass. In short, you don't want the tank to actually contact anything metal directly.

As far as fuel lines, just route them so they aren't touching the engine and you'll be fine. You can also use a heavy wall automotive style line for added piece of mind if you want.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Benelli Bayonet Tank questions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2016, 13:27:42 »
Pretty nice example of what I meant by making a strap. If you go this route you'll need to fab up some kind of support for the tank to sit on and stay level of course.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'