www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 1975 XLCH Sportster Hardtail Chopper Turn Around The Junk Draw Special  (Read 9635 times)

Offline goforgator

I'm in! Looking good so far.

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

• Build it and they will love
You got a hell of a deal on that, good on ya for saving it. 

Yea, the bike was in the wrong hands and he was getting desperate. I stuck to my guns and got it for that. Came with another peanut tank, a HF bike jack, a trickle charger, and brand new Willie and Sam softtail bags. I could probably unload the extras and take offs for close to what I paid for the whole thing.

I never thought I would say this about an old sporty, but I like it! Nice job cleaning it up.

First time for everything!

I'm in! Looking good so far.

Stay Tuned!
Build It And They Will Love.

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
you got a hell of a deal and you're doing some great work, keep it up

but.....what the hell inspired someone to do that to (just about) the only decent looking Harley the factory ever built (new XR1200's not too bad looking thing too)
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Cool man, looking forward to this. 

Welcome to the jungle!

you got a hell of a deal and you're doing some great work, keep it up

but.....what the hell inspired someone to do that to (just about) the only decent looking Harley the factory ever built (new XR1200's not too bad looking thing too)

Tell me about it. My dad has a few factory original bikes including a '77 XLH that is almost immaculate, Seeing this and then his makes me wonder how it could get so far in the wrong direction. I have repop '75 Red White and Blue AMF decals that will probably end up on this bike (at least on one of the (2) Tanks i'm planning to swap on and off

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

I got the Choke/Key/Coil/Push button "dash" finalized today. Took the head bolts out to get the Red paint off of those, and drained the old varnished gas. It still doesn't seem to want to stay idling, but the battery isn't fully charged and it was about 30 degrees here in the shop. Still a great feeling to hear it kick over again and sound strong. It's also very very loud

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Got the hardtail parts and some other misc stuff in the mail. Here's the current mock of it. The P Pad should be here today so I can see if I even want to run it.

In other news, one thing led to another this weekend and my Dad and I got another $1000 special to turn around and maybe make some money on.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 10:06:51 by NoHonestlyitsme »

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
^^^^^^^  turn it into an XLCR......
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

^^^^^^^  turn it into an XLCR......

My uncle actually just got a real one a few weeks ago. The maroon one will probably be restyled like a Stock '72 XLH and flipped if I get it running

Offline NoHonestlyitsme

Well, I've been distracted by the ugly duckling because it's too cold in the shop to start the frame fixed.

This is coming along though so it should be a money maker

Seat, Rebuilt Bendix, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 10:07:09 by NoHonestlyitsme »