www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Gt750 classic  (Read 3706 times)

Offline MickyC

Re: Gt750 classic
« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2017, 17:31:07 »
Wow really nice motorcycle! How does it handle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Cheers clem. Handles good. Didn't stop too well however. Rebuild callipers and reservoir and she's still very spongey   

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
« Reply #31 on: Sep 11, 2017, 21:41:23 »
Well you look comfortable in the pics. They must have not been taken under braking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #32 on: Sep 12, 2017, 02:05:44 »
SV650 or EX500 calipers and CBR600F2 disks make for an awesome upgrade

Offline MickyC

« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2017, 23:55:12 »
So a few issues came up and got fixed over the last two months. Fully rebuilt the front end. New tubes, seals, caps, spacers etc. Turns out the 74 model was the only one with different tube set up this killed me for parts had to spend $500 just to get it right.

Also did the rear shocks too just to make her handle a bit more modern. And itís a heaps better improvement feels a lot nicer under breaking now and smoother through the corners.

Tried to fix my electrical problem today as someone has butchered the wiring. Turns out my temperature gauge wasnít working cause the sensor wire was just sitting in the bucket not plugged in to anything. Fixing that this week. She has a earthing issue that I need to fix to get it working right. Think someone connected the fan relay to it by mistake itís killing me. I hate wiring issues.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #34 on: Nov 28, 2017, 00:39:35 »
Sorry to hear that, but it should last forever now.  Just for future reference, you can mix and match fork tubes.  I have A model tubes and caps in a set of L model sliders because I wanted parallel tops without the covers (headlamp ears) and I had a set of good L model sliders with the chrome caps that I prefer.  I can't remember which springs I ended up using though - maybe a set of A models. 

You could also fit a set of GS750 forks in complete or even a set of 37mm GS1100 forks with anti dive.  They are about 25mm longer so pull them through the top triple or shorten them with a spacer above the top out springs on the damper rods. And GS forks have a lot less stiction because they have teflon coated bushes. 

Offline MickyC

« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2017, 02:59:21 »
Sorry to hear that, but it should last forever now.  Just for future reference, you can mix and match fork tubes.  I have A model tubes and caps in a set of L model sliders because I wanted parallel tops without the covers (headlamp ears) and I had a set of good L model sliders with the chrome caps that I prefer.  I can't remember which springs I ended up using though - maybe a set of A models. 

You could also fit a set of GS750 forks in complete or even a set of 37mm GS1100 forks with anti dive.  They are about 25mm longer so pull them through the top triple or shorten them with a spacer above the top out springs on the damper rods. And GS forks have a lot less stiction because they have teflon coated bushes.

Thatís awesome mate. Wish I posted the issue before I did it. Took me a while to source the parts I used the 75 tubes but had to get all the internal to go after that.

Offline Pete12

« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2017, 06:04:50 »
Nice bike, and the alloy rims really set it off.