www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: gs550 "78 project no 3 agh !  (Read 3200 times)

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • If it runs ride it if it dont polish it & dream !
Re: gs550 "78 project no 3 agh !
« Reply #30 on: Mar 12, 2017, 19:10:13 »
Got a feeling the disc's n callipers might get a colour change yet turned out a little too bright , got a little trigger happy with the spray gun cos the sun came out haha 8)
Life's too short to go slow at anything !  unless your re-building ya ride !!

cb350f '72 café racer 
 cb550f '78 Hailwood race rep

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2017, 17:31:52 »
Sorry i haven't updated for a while but guys n gals I could do with a few good thoughts n prayers 2 weeks last Friday my wife had a sub arachnoid haemorrhage against her brain stem , she is still in neurosurgical intensive care (thank god for the NHS ) once she stabilise her vital signs and can breath for herself they will operate to remove it but as the surgeons say " its life changing !
I am gutted and feel so sorry for her she only just retired from 38 years as high school teacher / assistant head teacher so things may run a little slow people but heres to a happy and successful recovery, I loves me bikes n builds  ::)  but I loves me wife more  :-*

cb350f '72 café racer 

Offline hidn45

« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2017, 10:48:06 »
Thoughts & prayers, Yorkie..... Family first
Keep yer knees in the breeze-

Randy

Offline Rameth

« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2017, 11:48:25 »
Great build so far.  Many positive thoughts in regards to your wife mate.

Offline Green199

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2017, 13:46:19 »
Sorry to hear about that mate. I'm sure everyone here will be wishing your wife and yourself the best.
1973 CB250 'Doing it right this time round' - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36795.0

Offline yozzer74

« Reply #35 on: Apr 10, 2017, 17:05:20 »
Jesus yorkie sorry to here that hope things turn out ok for you both .

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #36 on: Apr 10, 2017, 18:03:53 »
Cheers guys, got everything crossed yozzer mate doctors feel positive about her , she is in the best place and she's getting the best treatment for a good recovery.
            Just need her back so she can give me earache about how much mess i'me making and  spending on projects haha

cb350f '72 café racer 

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 20:56:00 »
Hi guys well its been a while and a lot has happened in the last 8 weeks I guess you can say positive too the missus is now off all ventilators and is breathing for herself she is talking she is trying to walk with the aid of the physio's she got control of most functions but cant swallow so is still fed thru a nose tube but its all positive had her out & about in a wheelchair which she loved on the sunny rooftop garden.
             Haven't felt like posting here for a while or even going in the workshop but I guess the tragic & untimely passing of Nicky Haydon made me thankful for what I have ime so sorry for his family I felt a similar pain when in neuro intensive care so spare a thought for all his family .
     Here's a couple of pics how far the missus has come still a ways to go but feel positive we'll get there and have her looking like the last pic last year on holiday

cb350f '72 café racer 

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 21:11:11 »
Glad to see things are improving - keep us posted and pass along our best wishes and thoughts to your wife.  She's clearly strong and is likely motivated to get back to keeping you on your toes :)
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Green199

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 06:34:33 »
Glad to hear things are improving mate.
1973 CB250 'Doing it right this time round' - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36795.0