Turn your Brain Off and Shoot the Shit > DO THE TON Bike of the Month

DO THE TON Bike of the Year - 2016

(1/10) > >>

Sonreir:
OK... with a little prompting from grandpaul, I've put up a Bike of the Year vote. As far as I know, we haven't done this before and it's not an official thing, but it seemed fun, so here we go.

Voting ends at the end of January.

The winner has been promised a signed copy of grandpaul's book as well as a CAD drawing of the winner's bike.

To sweeten the pot, I'll throw in a photomosiac render of the winner's bike as well as a 7" sealed beam LED headlight.

ridesolo:
Wow, too bad you can't vote 12 times.   ::)

advCo:
Cool idea!

It would be awesome if we could put together a DTT calendar for the following year with all of the BOTM winners. I know I'd be down for one.

Sonreir:

--- Quote from: advCo on Jan 06, 2017, 16:18:06 ---Cool idea!

It would be awesome if we could put together a DTT calendar for the following year with all of the BOTM winners. I know I'd be down for one.

--- End quote ---

Logan's done that before. I think I had a calendar from 2014?

NoRiders:
If we thought monthly voting was hard....annual voting is...well, 12x harder  ;)

I've voted for the bike I think epitomises the 'ton up culture' as it stands today.

Pick a mundane model with a cracking engine, improve and update the suspension to modern day standards, overcome engineering issues with integrity and innovation, then assemble it with glorious attention to detail.....all this carried out in his home garage as well.

Overall concept, build quality, engineering integrity, attention to detail and final finish all earn my admiration and vote....can you guess which one :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version