Our good friends at Dime City Cycles are the official sponsor of the DO THE TON Bike of the Month Contest!
Dime City Cycles are not only generous sponsors of the site, but they are good friends and incredible supporters of our community. They've been part of our group of friends since the earliest days of DO THE TON 10 years ago and both DTT and DCC have grown side by side over the years working to foster the garage-built community of enthusiasts.
In addition to gracing the masthead of DO THE TON for a month, Dime City Cycles will recognize the winner with:
Here are the Nomination Rules:
- A spot light on www.dimecitycycles.com
- Email announcement to their many fans and customers
- Announcement on Dime City Cycles social media profiles reaching thousands and thousands of fellow enthusiasts
- Winner receives a prize from DCC (DCC swag + $100 DCC gift card)
1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you.
Please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!
The Nomination must be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.
2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)
3. Member should accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread.
4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road/track/dirt and rideable.
5. If a bike has been nominated in the previous month but did not win, it should not be included in the current month's contest. Wait 3 months to allow other worthy nominations and then resubmit if you like.
6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.
We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 3 bikes per contest.
A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins