www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Race van  (Read 2807 times)

Offline UK Mark

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Race van
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2017, 14:09:01 »
Eh up mate looks like you gonna be travelling in style that's a real cool set up gives us all a bit of idea what can be done and the tail ramp is perfect defo takes the back ache out of getting the bike in, hope to see you and ya new project at the classic TT mate

Yeah, should be handy and we're looking to use it for the Classic TT this year instead of the lorry.  First maiden trip will be Stafford in April, so we'll see how it goes.

Kamn

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2017, 14:14:02 »
UK Mark,
excellent find with that Iveco, and nice work adding in a small kitchen. That is an awesome bike transporter, nothing better than having a small lift in the back of the bus

Cheers

Offline surplus 6

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2017, 18:57:24 »
very nice
you're only young once, but immaturity lasts forever

Offline Titan performance

• Titan cafe racer builders.
    • Titan Performance
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2017, 15:18:07 »
That's a really nice looking van.
We have used a van for donkey's years for the annual TT trip. We found that a coach built minibus worked well, as the bigger body allowed us to get 6 bikes inside and all strapped down on the Unwin tracking. We mounted some extra tracking on the landing area, and managed to squeeze 2 more seats in the front. Good reliable old bus.....though 365 miles to Heysham at 55mph max was a bit epic.

Seen here at Fleshwick Bay Isle of Man.

Offline UK Mark

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2017, 16:26:32 »
Still plodding away at this.   Got a load of tiny marks and stone chips all fixed, so will be hitting it with a new coat of paint in a week or so.  Could have left it as it was, but it'll look so much better.

The crappy looking blue stuff is guide coat. 

Offline surplus 6

« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2017, 17:49:55 »
inspiring, I havn't got a bike to transport yet and I want to build one lol keep up the good work
you're only young once, but immaturity lasts forever

Offline UK Mark

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2017, 16:13:33 »
Got it painted yesterday.  Used some decent 2k with a fast activator and it came out pretty nice.   Touch dry in a couple of hours, which wasn't bad this time of year.

I added some matting agent into some gloss black and painted around the window sections on the sides today.  Depending how much you add, you can make a satin or Matt finish.  Loads better than aerosol cans as they wear off real easy and don't stand up to wear and tear.

Also re-fitted a load of trim and locks I'd taken out earlier, so got quite a bit done today.

Just needs a light nib off and a compound polish tomorrow and I'm on the home straight.  thought I'd keep updating this as it will be a handy thing.

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2017, 05:05:08 »
Nice work Mark .................................... am I envious of your workshop as I sit in my 5 foot wide ex. wood store ?????? Of course I fargin well am !!!!!!   ;) ;)
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline UK Mark

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2017, 05:38:52 »
I bought my workshop building from an engineering company that closed down for 250. I had to take it down and transport it home, but so glad I got it. It was used as a pattern store and wasn't very old....... bargain.

I did my engineering apprenticeship with that company - Bryan Donkin Ltd after leaving school, so it has sentimental value too. 

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2017, 10:01:27 »
This thing is sweet!