www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 74 Cb360 Engine Noise  (Read 1251 times)

Offline tj10packers

Re: 74 Cb360 Engine Noise
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:19:31 »
Still working out the cam chain tension issue. Got a new set bolt worked out but still getting some unwanted noise from the chain.

Read thru some other posts to find that I'm missing the rubber damper that goes under the tensioner holder. P/n:14565-369-010

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be another damper at the bottom of the tensioner where it sits in the horse shoe?

Thanks, here's some pics of how she sits today.

Offline tj10packers

Re: 74 Cb360 Engine Noise
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2017, 09:32:39 »
Found the other damper on ebay, P/N: 141567-369-000 for anyone who's interested.  Got those two dampers and a cheapo endoscope ordered. Pretty certain that both those dampers were not installed, but I'll take a look down in there to ensure they're not floating around in the bottom of the case.

Seems like that's what kept the PO from messing with this bike.  The service bulletin was done but the dampers were missing and the original tensioner set bolt was screwed up so he must have said f$!# it.  I've been pretty close to throwing in the towel as well.

The cam chain tensioner and related components must be the wonkiest thing about these old twins..

Hopefully I can get it figured out before I go crazy. Thanks for all the help so far!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk